beantwoord

NS Flex and RET subscritpion

• 25 februari 2020
  • 9 reacties
  • 363 Bekeken

I have a NS subscription 'NS Flex Dal Voordeel' on my ov chipkaart which costs €5 monthly. Would like to know if I can add RET monthly subscription two star plan (€87) along with the above NS plan.

If not possible, what is the procedure to opt RET 2 star plan if I already have this NS plan?

Will it work if I remove my ov chip card from my NS account?

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 25 februari 2020, 15:07

It just does not work well yet. Using separate cards voor RET and NS is probably the best solution. Traveling with RET works fine with Flex, but it does not with a RET subscription. NSFlex is looking for a solution to make it possible, but what I suggest, is the pragmatic approach.

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

It just does not work well yet. Using separate cards voor RET and NS is probably the best solution. Traveling with RET works fine with Flex, but it does not with a RET subscription. NSFlex is looking for a solution to make it possible, but what I suggest, is the pragmatic approach.

Good afternoon nidhinvk and welcome to the NS Community!

What Thom said is indeed correct, the combination of an NS Flex subscription and a regional subscription on the same card has not worked correctly thus far.

NS Flex is looking for a solution to make it possible...

However, we did receive more information about a potential solution recently and I'm hoping we can announce something about this in the coming week or two. I don't know how soon you would need the RET subscription, but it might be worth waiting for this announcement.

Badge +3

I’ve heard from people with an RET (star/zone/region) subscription that it does work with Flex, so go ahead and try it.

Only when RET trips still show up in Mijn NS (Reishistorie) means something is wrong, in which case Flex overruled the RET subscription.

Reputatie 6

I understand from a colleague that it is not working.  Although the OV-Chip card was intended as a single card for all public transport, that principle seems abandoned or failed.  I would go on for sure and use a separate OV Chip card for NS Flex and the RET subscription.

Badge +3

There should (by now) be a list for working combinations and the ones that cause problems. Something like:

Confirmed working: GVB, RET, HTM, O-UV (and Syntus Utrecht), Connexxion (Hermes/Bravo Brabant) etc.

Confirmed not working: Arriva Dal Vrij Oost, Studentenreisproduct etc….

Beware that when combining a local/regional discount subscription (e.g. Hermes Dal Voordeel or Dal Vrij) with Flex, you will need balance when checking in outside any free travel period.

Reputatie 6

There should (by now) be a list for working combinations and the ones that cause problems. Something like:

Confirmed working: GVB, RET, HTM, O-UV (and Syntus Utrecht), Connexxion (Hermes/Bravo Brabant) etc.

Confirmed not working: Arriva Dal Vrij Oost, Studentenreisproduct etc….

Beware that when combining a discount subscription (e.g. Hermes Dal Voordeel or Dal Vrij) with Flex, you will need balance when checking in outside any free travel period.

As @Thom already stated and @Stijn NS also confirmed, NS Flex with a regional subscription does not (yet) work correctly, at least NS Flex with RET doesn’t work.  But it is a good idea to compile and publish a list of Flex issues.

Badge +3

Maybe @Andyret2 has more info about RET subscriptions that DO work.

That said, it’s (for now) always best to avoid possible problems by using two cards.

Can confirm that RET does not properly recognize NS Flex yet, sometimes letting me check in but not out. One time I had to push the emergency exit button on one of their gates to even be able to leave the station. Their system seems to think that having a saldo of €0 on a card is enough to refuse me, regardless of the circumstances.

Reputatie 2

Can confirm that RET does not properly recognize NS Flex yet, sometimes letting me check in but not out. One time I had to push the emergency exit button on one of their gates to even be able to leave the station. Their system seems to think that having a saldo of €0 on a card is enough to refuse me, regardless of the circumstances.

you can simply buy a regional subscription online and pick it up at a ret vending machine or supermarket and then have to take it first if outside the sun's journey then transfer to ns flex of itself

Reageer