beantwoord

NS Flex class change while changing operators

• 1 augustus 2019
  • 6 reacties
  • 237 Bekeken

So... hi everyone.
Here is a hypothetical situation. I have NS Flex WeekendVrij since some weeks and I often travel with Arriva & NS trein combination.
Anyway, the first leg of my trips are usually with Arriva and then with NS. I do not particularly care about the Arriva legs because the trains are rarely too full, and the distances are not that long. However, often when I change to an NS train it gets busy and I'd like to decide on the spot to switch. All fine but this means that by the time I would like to change the travel class it would be too late to do so, because you can switch classes in the first 15 min of your journey, right?
For example, I check in at 12:14 at Arriva station, at 12:35 I check out from Arriva and check in with NS. Is it possible to change your travel class in this situation?
Can someone help me find an answer to this, please?

Gr,
M.
icon

Beste antwoord door EdRo 1 augustus 2019, 17:01

Apart from the financial consequences which I think @dennisg has explained, the issue of class change within 15 minutes after check-in remains.

So you need already change your desired class within 15 mins after first check in.
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 4
If you make a lot of trips in the weekend 1st class. Then you can add a 1st class supplement 6 euro a month. you can do this via "MijnNS". The via "bekijk en wijzig abonnement" then "wijzig abonnement" and then you select the "weekend vrij" then you see the the supplements you possible to add. choose by "standaard 1e klas" through clicking on "toevoegen" then you proceed the order. This is much cheaper then every time a single upgrade to 1st class.

Through the app and website you can switch manually to 1st class and back.

Through the week it become 67% above youre fare. for the fare calculation is price x 1.67.
in the weekend it become 50% above youre fare. for the fare calculation is price x 1.50.

above calculations is without the supplement.
Hi Dennis.

Thanks. That is true. I should have made clear that I am not asking about when my subscription is active. That I have sorted out. My question is about the hours when I travel not on the active hours on my subscription. Let's say if I accidentally travel on Monday and for some reason the train is too full.
Reputatie 4
Through the week it is the price of the trip x 1.67.

You can change the class in the app or on the website. This is for one day, until the date you choose or always. You can always change it back to the 2nd class

This does not affect your subscription.
Reputatie 3
Apart from the financial consequences which I think @dennisg has explained, the issue of class change within 15 minutes after check-in remains.

So you need already change your desired class within 15 mins after first check in.
Hello mufty and welcome to the NS Community.

I can see that several other members already provided you with an answer. As EdRo mentioned, the only solution is to change your class within 15 minutes after your first check in.
Ok, guys. thanks a bunch.

Reageer