beantwoord

NS Flex Dal Vrij 1st Class

• 8 november 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 110 Bekeken

I have the NS Flex Dal Vrij with added 1st class which costs 106+28= 134euro/month and from my understanding I should be able to travel first class working days 09:00 to 16:00 and from 18:30 to 06:30.

I check-in at NS schipol airport thursday 7 november at 18:51, I did not have any prior check-in/check-out on 5-7november.

I assumed that I have first class so I sat in the first class section, when the ticket controller comes, he scans my card and tells me I have to move to 2nd class section. I show him my NS account on my phone and explain to him that I have Dal Vrij with the extra 1st class subscription 134euro/month but he gets very angry and starts loudly yelling that I need to move to 2nd class section.

For some reason the ticket controller is extremely hostile and angry so I move to 2nd class section.

So I’m not exactly sure what I’m getting for the extra 28euro/month.

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 9 november 2019, 11:25

Update: I’ve received the requested information and as it turns out, something seems to have indeed gone wrong with the activation. The NS Flex product was never activated after ordering, so coffee2019 is currently still travelling on balance, 2nd class.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Good afternoon coffee2019 and welcome to the NS Community!

When you’re adding a permanent first class upgrade to an NS Flex product, you're only purchasing first class for the coverage of the main subscription. With an NS Flex Dal Vrij, you're travelling for free in the off peak hours (daluren), so adding the first class upgrade will upgrade those free travels in the off peak hours to first class. You've basically bought off first class travelling in the off peak hours

Travels that are not covered by your subscription, those during the rush hour, will be 2nd class by default. You can still upgrade this to first class, by changing the currently used travel class in your Mijn NS account or NS App. This will make it so travels made in the rush hour are charged by the first class price on your monthly invoice. If you’ve not done this however, you're travelling with a 2nd class ticket in the rush hours.

I'm sorry to read that you were yelled at, this shouldn’t be needed, but the conductor was correct in sending you to 2nd class. Edit: as masd pointed out, I read the travel time wrong. See my second reply.

Reputatie 6
Badge

@Stijn NS  If coffee2019 checked in at 18:51 with DalVrij 1st class, why would he/she have to move to the 2nd class?

Woops, I may have for some reason read that as being during the rush hour. That is indeed wrong, my apologies. If this was indeed the actual start of the journey, a 1st class ticket should have been had. I'll adjust my original message.

The only three explanations I can think of are as follows:

• The trip was started somewhere else before 18:30 and the 18:51 check in at Schiphol was a transfer. The original trip will have the determined the travel class
  • The active products couldn't be loaded on the conductors device, in which case the class of the ticket would have been shown as a question mark. The conductor should in that case have registered the travel being done in the first class, not sent you to the 2nd class, @coffee2019 
  • Something has gone wrong with the activation of the NS Flex product, in which case you’re not actually travelling with NS Flex.

If the first explanation doesn’t ring any bells, could you send me a private message with your full name, zip code, house number, date of birth and e-mail address, coffee2019? I’m rather curious to the situation myself as well then.

Update: I’ve received the requested information and as it turns out, something seems to have indeed gone wrong with the activation. The NS Flex product was never activated after ordering, so coffee2019 is currently still travelling on balance, 2nd class.

Reageer