beantwoord

NS Flex Dal Vrij - 2nd Class to 1st Class before first month is up

• 18 juni 2019
  • 3 reacties
  • 177 Bekeken

Hello,

I’m about 1 week into my Dal Vrij Flex subscription, so far so good. However, I’ve seen a lot of the trains are much more crowded than I would’ve expected during off peak (free) travel, I’d be very much interested in upgrading to 1st Class.

Is there a way to upgrade to first class permanent travel before the first month is up? Or an option to upgrade to 1st class where you don’t pay per trip (because otherwise this would get expensive pretty quickly) but rather for a period? I do quite regret not picking 1st class when setting it up because it was only a €27 or so difference for the entire month and will definitely remember for next time. I would also recommend to people reading this if they are unsure between 1st or 2nd class Dal Vrij Flex, probably better to just bite the bullet and get 1st class!

If not, can someone explain to me exactly how it works calculating what you’d pay? 50/67% of the full fare 2nd class price? So eg if I wanted to go from Den Haag to Breda on a weekday or weekend day during the free period, but toggled the 1st class option in the website, what would I pay here?

The Classic subscriptions even had I remember a daily upgrade at the weekend which was about €5 and made it so simple and easy, I don’t know why this couldn’t have just carried over to Flex... 😕
icon

Beste antwoord door dennisg 18 juni 2019, 17:34

No, this is not possible only you made any change to a subscription. You must wait 30 days before you can add the 1st class addition. The 30 day wait period is by any change that relates to your subscription. If you stop the 1st class addition after the first month, you have to wait 30 days again to change your subscription.

through the week from Den Haag to Breda you pay 23,38 is 9,38 extra above the normal price of 14 euro
in the weekend you pay 21 euro, that is 7 euro extra

you can calculate the price of a trip by yourself. You do the price of the normal tripcost of the 2d class multiplied by 1.67 or 1.5 then you have the price of a 1st class ticket
Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 4
No, this is not possible only you made any change to a subscription. You must wait 30 days before you can add the 1st class addition. The 30 day wait period is by any change that relates to your subscription. If you stop the 1st class addition after the first month, you have to wait 30 days again to change your subscription.

through the week from Den Haag to Breda you pay 23,38 is 9,38 extra above the normal price of 14 euro
in the weekend you pay 21 euro, that is 7 euro extra

you can calculate the price of a trip by yourself. You do the price of the normal tripcost of the 2d class multiplied by 1.67 or 1.5 then you have the price of a 1st class ticket
Thank you!
The best thing to do is to reach our customer service. You can reach us by phone (030-7515155). You can also chat with a fellow worker (click on 'live chat' to start a conversation) or send us a message via Twitter or Facebook.

Reageer