beantwoord

NS flex expense declaration to company

• 1 mei 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 75 Bekeken

Hi there,

I will start to do travel to work use NS-flex in June. My question is about the travelling history online. How often will NS update the fee and history on MyNS? I’m thinking that we need to do expense declaration to company before 20th of each month. if I wait for NS flex’s monthly factuur, which will be issued at the end of the month(like 28-30th), I will miss the deadline for submission and submit it the next month. I will need to bear the costs for one month travelling myself. Does the platform update fee information and travel details every day so I can do expense declaration before 20th of the month, so at least most of the costs can be compensated the same month together with my salary?

Thanks in advance! please share your thoughts! much appreciated! 

icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 1 mei 2020, 13:25

Good afternoon shirleytan94 and welcome to the NS Community!

Aside of the overview that you can find of all the charged costs on your monthly invoice, you'll be able to request your travel history as well via your Mijn NS account. Technically this gets updated live, but there can be a delay of up to a couple days for NS trips for transactions to be processed in the NS Flex system. Other than that delay though, you should be able to download your transaction history easily enough before the deadline of the 20th. :)

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Aside of the overview that you can find of all the charged costs on your monthly invoice, you'll be able to request your travel history as well via your Mijn NS account. Technically this gets updated live, but there can be a delay of up to a couple days for NS trips for transactions to be processed in the NS Flex system. Other than that delay though, you should be able to download your transaction history easily enough before the deadline of the 20th. :)

Thanks for your reply!!

another small question about combining NS flex with traject vrij + intercity direct toeslag (Rotterdam to schiphol) is that possible for this combination. As apart from traveling by train, I still need to transfer bus&metro.... If they can be combined, thats much easier so I wont need to worry about loading credit on my ov card. :) 

Sadly no, or at least not yet. NS Flex Traject Vrij is currently not yet available. It’s supposed to be introduced at some point in the coming months, but when exactly this'll happen we're not sure yet. The Intercity Direct supplement is already available within NS Flex though, so when Traject Vrij gets added to the available subscriptions, you can combine those two.

As for the bus & metro trips, the NS Flex system, all trips being charged via a monthly invoice, is also used for bus, tram and metro trips by default. You can turn this off after activating the Flex product via our Customer Service, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to. By default, after ordering NS Flex, you won't have to use balance on your card any more at all. :)

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

As an add-on to what Stijn NS already said.

If you are planning on using a regional season ticket for the bus, tram, metro that provides discounts to your trips for example ‘Altijd Korting, (GVB Flex is an exception) it is best to turn off the bus, tram, metro component on your NS Flex card as it could come in conflict with each other resulting that you might not receive your discount. Regional season tickets that grant unlimited and free travel on the bus, tram, metro, for example, the ‘Sterabonnement’ can be combined with Flex and will not be conflicting.

If you don't want to worry about any of this it might be worth taking a season ticket where you need credit on your OV-Chipcard to travel with. And combine that with automatic reloading so you don't have to worry about not having enough credit. Besides that, when you travel on ‘credit’ all transactions are processed immediately and will be shown fairly instantly on your travel history including the prices.

Reageer