beantwoord

NS Flex Subscription with German adress

• 30 september 2019
  • 12 reacties
  • 433 Bekeken

Hello community,

I am living in Germany and I usually visit the Netherlands very often. I already have an anonymous OV-Chipkaart but Iam getting annoyed of charging it and I also figured out, on most of my journeys I can save a lot with the NS Flex Subscription.

I do have a dutch bank-account via bunq, so the Payment-Method iDEAL is no problem for me. The only thing I am not sure about. Does NS ship the personal OV Chipkaart to german addresses?

thank you in advance
icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 1 oktober 2019, 00:22

You can buy a classic subscription. It is easy to avoid charging charging it every time, you can reply for automatic reloading. A Flex subscription requires a Dutch bankaccount.
Bekijk origineel

12 reacties

I received an confirmation email that says that it was successfull and the Chipkaart will arrive within 7 Days.

If it has arrived I will let you people know 🙂

@NINICOO,

Have you received your personal card yet? The subscription should be active by now.

Heij, 

yes i have received the personal OV-Chipkaart few days ago and i already made my first trip with it. 

Everything works perfectly so we can finally say, Yes it is possible to start an NS Flex subscription with an new personal OV-Chipkaart if the Subscriber lives in Germany. Only thing that is needed, is a dutch Bank-Account that offers Payment via iDEAL. 

Thank you for your Help!!!

I received an confirmation email that says that it was successfull and the Chipkaart will arrive within 7 Days.

@NINICOO,

Have you received your personal card yet? The subscription should be active by now.

I did the following steps to get my Flex Weekend vrij 1 klas in Germany with my older (still free) bunq account
  1. Orderd OV-chipkaart trough TLS
  2. Orderd OV-fiets and stalling online (1 Cent, you'll get this back later with Flex), took some rides and the bill was successfully deducted from my bunq-account. Perhaps I got a better credit rating from NS through this 😉
  3. Orderd Flex succesfully online with an adress of a camping in the Netherlands (Don't worry, everything is online, no paperwork)
  4. Changed the adress to my Geman adress later (You'll get the "spoor" magazine with some coupons 4x / year)
Don't know whether step 2 is really necassary. Finally, after 7 years of trying and waitIng I can get a bike at nearly every station. And Flex
is much better than waiting for tickets e.g. from AH or Kruidvat.

P.S. Don't forget to activate the subscription(s) at the ticketmachine
Reputatie 4
Danke, das ist damit ganz klar fuer Duetsche wie alle angrenzende Auslaender (von hier=NL aus betrachtet). Ist an sich nicht ''das beste'' sonder eher ''der einzige weg'' hinzu.
Bunq ist eher eine Investment/Wertkupon-Haendler die als Etxra eine bankaccount bietet, auch leicht zugaenglich fuer nicht in NL wohnhafte Leute. Laut andere Berichte ist es jedoch auch nicht mehr umsonst. Und um eine Bankaccount nur zur Kauf einer NS-ABO zu oeffnen scheint ja auch nicht ganz der schnellste/kundenfreundlciher Weg-aber das ist an sich bei etwa alles von NS-ABO der Fall.
Reputatie 1
Only as addition:
I also live in germany and had no bunq account when ordering my ticket.
These steps are the best
  1. Order a personal chipkaart at TLS. Payment can be done with paypal for german or belgian customers
  2. Order a classic subscription via Klantenservice. (In my case two times they did not accept my DE-IBAN, but on the third call it was no problem. Not all agents know that this is possible and it is easier to say no)
  3. Activate classic subscription via ticketautomat
  4. Change subscription to NS Flex (via website)
  5. Activate flex subscription via ticketautomat
Hello people,

I now ordered the "Dal Vordeel" Abonnement. The system took the German Address that I filled in while registration to "mijnNS" automatically.
The Payment with IDEAL worked too.

Thank you for your help!
Hello NINICOO and welcome to the NS Community.

As gekke_henkie mentioned, it should be possible to order a season ticket with a new OV-chipcard. Please note that sending a card to Germany might take a few days time.
I guess TLS is the Operator of the OV Chipkaart-Website correct?

Yes
I already thought about ordering the Personal OV Chipkaart there but I want to avoid the 7.50€ fee for it because with NS Flex I can get a free one. Also I paid for my anonymous card not that long ago.

If you can't get a subscription with the free card because of "address not in the Netherlands" or "no iDeal" and you later get a subscription that should have given you a free card, contact the customer service directly.

One of the moderators reimbursed the cost for me.
According to https://community.ns.nl/ns-flex-60/kaartvernieuwing-ns-flex-vanuit-belgie-60176#post411090 TLS will send a personal card with a subscription to Germany.

The only way to see if it works will be to try it.

See how far you can get with the ordering process at https://www.ns.nl/ns-abonnementen/weekend-vrij/. And please let us know if it works.

You can use any email address.

Hey thank you for your help!

I guess TLS is the Operator of the OV Chipkaart-Website correct? I already thought about ordering the Personal OV Chipkaart there but I want to avoid the 7.50€ fee for it because with NS Flex I can get a free one. Also I paid for my anonymous card not that long ago.

Anyways, I will try out how far I can get in the procedure of order the Flex Subscription. When I created the mijn NS Account I could add a German address, I guess that's a good sign.

I'll let you know if I can order it.
According to https://community.ns.nl/ns-flex-60/kaartvernieuwing-ns-flex-vanuit-belgie-60176#post411090 TLS will send a personal card with a subscription to Germany.

The only way to see if it works will be to try it.

See how far you can get with the ordering process at https://www.ns.nl/ns-abonnementen/weekend-vrij/. And please let us know if it works.

You can use any email address.
You can buy a classic subscription. It is easy to avoid charging charging it every time. A Flex subscription requires a Duch bankaccount.
Thank you for your reply!
I already have a dutch Bank-Account with a dutch IBAN and all that stuff. I just need to know if it is possible to get the NS Flex Subscription with a German address. I don't have a dutch mail-address.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
You can buy a classic subscription. It is easy to avoid charging charging it every time, you can reply for automatic reloading. A Flex subscription requires a Dutch bankaccount.

Reageer