beantwoord

NS Flex Weekend Free - Email from NS says my subscription cancelled due to non payment

• 19 december 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 252 Bekeken

I just got an email yesterday saying 

Your NS subscription has been terminated due to payment arrears.

OV chip card:

**** **** **** Xxxx

Subscription:

NS Flex Weekend Free

We will transfer the outstanding claim to a collection agency. Any other outstanding claims related to the terminated subscription will also be transferred to the collection agency.

The collection agency will inform you about this shortly.

But just now I also see that NS has deducted € 81.37 from my bank account.

when I see ns.nl, it says I have na flex with no subscription. And I cannot click on 'modify' because it says you cannot modify your subscription because of termination. 

So does that mean everything is settled and my flex has not been canceled? Can I travel today on the train with my flex free travel? Or will I be charged for the trip as my NS flex has been canceled as per the mail above? How can I fix it?

icon

Beste antwoord door Mark NS 19 december 2020, 11:55

Hi Chet24, welcome to the NS Community.

If the subscription has been cancelled due to an outstanding payment, the subscription cannot be used anymore. NS Flex will be removed from your OV-chipcard automatically the next time you use your card. Did you already contact customer service by phone, chat, Facebook or Twitter? 

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

If the subscription has been cancelled due to an outstanding payment, the subscription cannot be used anymore. NS Flex will be removed from your OV-chipcard automatically the next time you use your card. Did you already contact customer service by phone, chat, Facebook or Twitter? 

Hi Mark

Yes I called them, and they advised me to pay the dues and reactivate the subscription. So I paid right away, but still don't see the "modify subscription" button activated for me. Maybe it takes a few days for the payment to reach NS and consequently for them to allow me to buy the weekend vrij subscription again?

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

After cancelling you cannot get a new subscription within six months. Reactivation is not possible now, unfortunately.

Badge +3

The best thing to do is to order a new card with Weekend Vrij using another e-mail address (choose ‘I do not have a subscription in the webshop in the second step), preferably using a different IBAN, too.

You will then become a new customer, and will get a new Mijn NS account.

Optionally, you can check in at an NS train station (and out directly after) with your current card to have Flex removed. You can then use the card for travel on balance, or keep it as a spare.

Reageer