beantwoord

NS Flex zonder iDeal

• 7 januari 2019
  • 11 reacties
  • 907 Bekeken

Hallo allemaal,

1) I want to buy a monthly subsciption to NS Flex Altijd Vrij with my existing personal OV chipkaart. I guess, that's only possible with a Dutch bank account and using of iDeal or is it possible to buy the subscription via phone (Dutch post address and IBAN is available)?

2) Furthermore, I've to use the public transport besides the train. So I need a monthly subsciption to a Randstad Noord Abonnement. Would it be possible to load this on the NS Flex chipkaart or do I need a second OV chipkaart?

Bedankt voor uw antwoord!

Daniel
icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 7 januari 2019, 18:10

Good evening DanielMe and welcome to the NS Community!

Unfortunately it is not (yet) possible to purchase an NS Flex subscription via our Customer Service over the phone. A new NS Flex subscription can only be purchased via our website, where an iDeal payment is required. If you already have a classic subscription active, our Customer Service can change that into an NS Flex subscription. The bank account used for that subscription will also be used for the new NS Flex. Once a subscription is already active, you can then change the used bank account number to a foreign one as well.

So in your case there are two options:
  1. You purchase a new NS Flex subscription and use an IBAN from a friend or family member who can perform iDeal payments. Once the subscription is active, you can then contact our Customer Service to change the IBAN to your own.
  2. You purchase one of our classic subscriptions, this can be done over the phone where we can use your foreign IBAN directly. Once that subscription is active, we can then change it to an NS Flex subscription.
As for the second questions, the goal is to have any and all subscription be usable on a same singular OV-chipcard. Alas, we're not there yet, and currently there can still arise issues when you combine an NS Flex subscription with a regional subscription on the same card. Thus, this is not recommended.
Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Good evening DanielMe and welcome to the NS Community!

Unfortunately it is not (yet) possible to purchase an NS Flex subscription via our Customer Service over the phone. A new NS Flex subscription can only be purchased via our website, where an iDeal payment is required. If you already have a classic subscription active, our Customer Service can change that into an NS Flex subscription. The bank account used for that subscription will also be used for the new NS Flex. Once a subscription is already active, you can then change the used bank account number to a foreign one as well.

1. You purchase a new NS Flex subscription and use an IBAN from a friend or family member who can perform iDeal payments. Once the subscription is active, you can then contact our Customer Service to change the IBAN to your own.
  2. You purchase one of our classic subscriptions, this can be done over the phone where we can use your foreign IBAN directly. Once that subscription is active, we can then change it to an NS Flex subscription.
As for the second questions, the goal is to have any and all subscription be usable on a same singular OV-chipcard. Alas, we're not there yet, and currently there can still arise issues when you combine an NS Flex subscription with a regional subscription on the same card. Thus, this is not recommended.
Dank u wel Stijn,

just one more question to your suggested option 2:

a) Some classic subscriptions have different prices for yearly and montly subscriptions (Altijd Vrij 346/424 €). Would it be possible to order one of them in the (cheaper) yearly variant and change it into NS Flex Altijd Vrij, so that the product could be cancelled monthly? In my case, I need Altijd Vrij only for three months. What would be the amount to pay: 346 € in the first month and 347 € from the second month on with NS Flex or proportional depending on the changing date?

b) Could also a Traject Vrij e.g. Utrecht-Amsterdam for 209 € in the yearly variant be ordered and changed into NS Flex Basis after the first month?
Yes, that's possible. Changing a yearly subscription to an NS Flex subscription overrules the first year contract limitations. You can essentially choose whichever yearly contract suits you best, and then change it to an NS Flex subscription when you prefer that.
So that even works for Traject Vrij which hasn't a equivalent product in Flex?
That means, I can order a yearly Traject Vrij Amsterdam-Utrecht for 209 € starting at the 21 January, let the abonnement running until 21 April and change then to NS Flex Basis with a monthly fee of 0 €?
Does this "transitional arrangement" still work in April, even if there are changes (Traject Vrij could be a Flex product then)?
Yes, this should work, and at this moment in time I don't have any reason to think that it won't be possible in April anymore.
Badge +3
I think you are good to go!

A (yearly or monthly) Traject Vrij cannot be changed to any similar Flex version as of yet, but the system DOES allow you to change it to any Flex (even Basic, no subsription, €0 per month) plan in case you don't need the Traject Vrij anymore.

You do the math! It's kind of a flaw in the system (yearly vs monthly Traject Vrij) but to cancel it, just switch to Flex and it will be cancelled per the ordering date. Unused days will be reimbursed within a week or two.

Don't forget to confirm the change to Flex at any pickup point (e.g. supermarket) to let your card know some things changed...

Some important additions:

1) It is not possible to change the contract owner afterwards (which is the purchasing person), see https://community.ns.nl/abonnementen-2/changing-to-foreign-bank-account-for-season-tickets-55000.

2) A classic subscription with a foreign IBAN can only ordered at least 10 days before the starting date of the abonnement.

For other foreigners, who have the same question: You can try to open a Dutch bank account at bunq, this seems to work.
@DanielMe,

If you want to change a classic subscription to Flex, keep in mind that the contract holder needs to be the same as the card holder.

So someone else can order the chip card for you at TLS, but you have to be the contract holder with NS.

@Stijn NS and @Jouke NS,
In the past it wasn't possible to purchase a NS Flex subscription for someone else. Has this changed?

Or can the bank account used for Flex be in the name of a third party?
Hi!

I was wondering if this procedure still works:
'You purchase a new NS Flex subscription and use an IBAN from a friend or family member who can perform iDeal payments. Once the subscription is active, you can then contact our Customer Service to change the IBAN to your own.'

Can I pay the NS Flex subscription for my German friend with my Dutch bank account, and then change the IBAN to hers?

Thank you!

Nina
Good afternoon Nina_1998 and welcome to our Community.

This is still possible. When you need to change it to a non-Dutch bank account, you can contact our Customer Service after a month and than they can change it for you.
Badge +3
No need to wait a month if you need an IBAN changed by contact with Customer Service.

Through Mijn NS, you can change your IBAN at any time.

They will ask for that silly € 0,01 payment (iDeal) but can be handled without that (contact NS Customer Service).

It will then take 10 days to confirm the auto-debit from a foreign IBAN (please don't ask me why, it's simply an IBAN dear NS!)

Reageer