beantwoord

Some questions about Dal Voordeel after migrating to NS Flex

• 30 juni 2018
  • 6 reacties
  • 729 Bekeken

I've switched to NS Flex subscription and I got a few questions:
1. I've received a message that remaining balance is going to be sent to my bank account. But, I had a Dal Voordeel seasonal ticket as well and it was valid for at least half of a year. In the instructions to NS Flex it was mentioned that the money for remaining period of Dal Voordeel will be reimbursed and returned to my bank account but I don't see this money coming back. How should I request my Dal Voordeel money back?
2. With NS Flex I need to activate Dal Voordeel for 1 month and I don't know how to do this. I tried to do this from the machine at the railway station but there's no option to do this. In the machine I can just see my product information and that's all, I can't do anything more. How can I activate my seasonal ticket when it's needed?
3. When I present my card into the machine at the railway station it says that I got an order to pick-up. But when I say that I want to pick this order up. It says that an error has occurred and I need to go to ns.nl website. Is this a normal behavior?
4. If I activate Dal Voordeel seasonal ticket, there still will be a possibility to have 3 my friends with the same discount on joint journey?
5. If I need only 1 month of Dal Voordeel seasonal ticket do I need to wait for the end of the month to deactivate it or it's possible to do this immediately after it was activated (the issue is that I might forget to cancel subscription at the end of the month and it will be automagically prolonged)?

Sorry, if some of these questions were already asked here but it's quite complicated for me to search in Dutch. Thank you for understanding.
icon

Beste antwoord door Erryt NS 30 juni 2018, 12:27

Hello DmytroT, welcome at the NS Community,

Every refund we send must be on the IBAN in a period of 3 weeks. We are not responsible for the refund of the remaining balance of your OV-chipcard. I can not tell you in what time you will receive this amount. Accoring to your story you did the right thing at the ticket machine. I would like to ask you to send me a private message so I can figure out what went wrong at the ticket machine. You may send me your name, dutch postal code + house number, date of birth, card number, email address and OV-Chipcardnumber. To send a private message, click on my username and then click on 'stuur bericht'.

You still may bring 3 friends for combined travel discounts. If you would like to cancel your subscription then you may reach us after the first month. We can only end your subscription at the same date that you reach us for this cancellation.
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Hello DmytroT, welcome at the NS Community,

Every refund we send must be on the IBAN in a period of 3 weeks. We are not responsible for the refund of the remaining balance of your OV-chipcard. I can not tell you in what time you will receive this amount. Accoring to your story you did the right thing at the ticket machine. I would like to ask you to send me a private message so I can figure out what went wrong at the ticket machine. You may send me your name, dutch postal code + house number, date of birth, card number, email address and OV-Chipcardnumber. To send a private message, click on my username and then click on 'stuur bericht'.

You still may bring 3 friends for combined travel discounts. If you would like to cancel your subscription then you may reach us after the first month. We can only end your subscription at the same date that you reach us for this cancellation.
Badge +3
To activate NS Flex on your current ov-chipcard (that's probably the order you see at the machine) you first need to remove the existing Dal Voordeel from your card (that's why you get the error).

That means there should be two orders to pick up at a machine. Customer service (+31 30 751 5155) or a moderator here can help you with that. For other means of contact (Twitter, Facebook, Live Chat) see here.

Regarding 5. it's ok to ask to change from Dal Voordeel to Basic (free) before the (first) monthly end date. It will then automatically stop after the first month. In subsequent months, you can change at any date (effective immediately).

Beware that you can only change back to another plan one month later (cool off period).
Thank you @Erryt NS, I've just sent you PM.
Thank you @Robert B, if I understood correctly, the problem is only with the 1st seasonal ticket order and all next ones should work fine? Should I be able to order seasonal tickets from the machine at railway station or only via Web Site?
Regarding 'cool off period', let's say that I got Dal Voordeel for month of June and I don't think that I will need it for July. So, I ask Customer Service to cancel Dal Voordeel subscription for July. Let's assume that they cancelled my subscription. But, in the middle of July, it turns out that I actually need to travel and I would like to activate Dal Voordeel from the middle of July for 1 month. Is this possible or I need to foresee the need of the seasonal ticket before the start of the month? Is it possible to make changes to subscription on demand (when I need it) or it can be done only once per month?
Thank you!
Badge +3
Changes in a Flex plan/subscription are administratively done via Mijn NS (web) or customer service. There is absolutely no need to go to a machine anymore.

Any change in Flex is only possible after a month (or longer), so if you cancel Dal Voordeel (change to e.g. Basic) you can only switch back after one month. Reactivating it in the middle of July as in your example is NOT possible. You will then need to wait until August.

For Dal Voordeel (€5 per month) it's not a big deal of course, to keep it active even if you don't need it for a few weeks.

Anyway, if the previous change was longer than a month ago, any new change is allowed and will be effective immediately.
Great! Thank you for clarification, @Robert B !
I've received a reply from @Erryt NS in PM saying that my money should arrive to my account. Thank you for help and all the information.

Reageer