utilisation of season card

• 19 november 2019
  • 3 reacties
  • 76 Bekeken

Is the physical OV card the only support of the season ticket ( unlimited travel on weekend )? I don’t have a ov card. Is it possible to use a electronic version( because I want to use the season ticket as soon as possible)

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

A  season ticket always needs to be loaded on a personal OV-chipcard. When you order a  season ticket you can order it on an OV-chipcard and you will normally receive this card in a week's time. 

A  season ticket always needs to be loaded on a personal OV-chipcard. When you order a  season ticket you can order it on an OV-chipcard and you will normally receive this card in a week's time. 

but then the subscription can only start 10 days from now.

If you need the subscription asap, you could try ordering a personal card at https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/ov-chip-kopen/persoonlijke-ov-chipkaart-aanvragen.htm If there is no backlog, you could possibly receive the card on Friday (no garantees though).

When you’ve got the card, you can order the Weekend Vrij-subscription at www.ns.nl if you have got iDeal.

@Maxime NS,

The customer usually receives an e-mail from https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/ when the card has been made.

If he/she/it gets the chipcardnumber in the same e-mail, would he/she/it be able to get the subscription at ns.nl before the card arrives? And maybe get temporary travelling rights on an anonymous card before the definite personal card arrives? This could be used to travel with a 100% discount at NS. Or would this be pushing it?

It's 7 days for regular subscriptions and NS Flex. Ordering the card separately could result in being able to start the subscription sooner. If there is an email from OV-chipcard with the card number then you could try ordering the subscription already, but I expect an error. If that does work than like you suggest @gekke_henkie, it might be possible to get a temporary product on a second card (not with NS Flex) or make an agreement about a refund for costs made without the card but after the subscription started with our customer service

Reageer