beantwoord

Why NS blocked my OVchipcard ???

• 10 juni 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 323 Bekeken

I just noticed that my OV chipcard was locked, my subscription was canceled, and I have no way to use the card. In January of this year, NS automatically started NS flex for me and then I became a post-paid user, I didn't think that much. the relevant fee was always deducted from the bank account at the end of the month. However, in April, my bank card payment account balance was insufficient and the deduction failed. I think ns will automatically deduct the relevant fees in the next month. In May, ns deducted 166 euros. I think it should include the cost of last month because my subscription fee is only 32 euros, I don't care much. After a week, ns locked my card and I was told I could not apply a new one within 6 months. I felt very frustrated and angry. I have already paid the arrears, and you have not told me that I have to transfer the funds manually. I think it should be an automatic deduction, why ns easily lock the user's card? Is this your so-called solution??
icon

Beste antwoord door Tamzin 10 juni 2019, 11:51

There are very strict rules for payment, NS is not a free credit organisation. If an automatic deduction fails NS sends you first a reminder that you have to pay as soon as possible by transferring the money. if you still don't pay NS sends you a final reminder with a final deadline for the payment. It's unclear to me why you missed both reminders (outdated personal details at your NS-account?).

If you don't pay before the final deadline NS terminates your subscription and in order to avoid the risk that you will again not pay on time in future you're not allowed to apply for a new Flex subscription for 6 months.

Note that when you applied for the subscription you guaranteed that there is each month enough money in your bankaccount for automatic deduction of the charges. You violated that in April.

So there is nothing unusual happening.
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3
There are very strict rules for payment, NS is not a free credit organisation. If an automatic deduction fails NS sends you first a reminder that you have to pay as soon as possible by transferring the money. if you still don't pay NS sends you a final reminder with a final deadline for the payment. It's unclear to me why you missed both reminders (outdated personal details at your NS-account?).

If you don't pay before the final deadline NS terminates your subscription and in order to avoid the risk that you will again not pay on time in future you're not allowed to apply for a new Flex subscription for 6 months.

Note that when you applied for the subscription you guaranteed that there is each month enough money in your bankaccount for automatic deduction of the charges. You violated that in April.

So there is nothing unusual happening.
Good afternoon xigewenqi and welcome to the NS Community.

When you sign for a contract to use a specific subscription, you also agree with the monthly payment costs. It's of course possible that a certain monthly charge fails due to whatever reason, but after that, you'll have to pay that amount manually. When a specific invoice remains unpaid, you'll receive reminders of this, sent to the contact information that you've provided us. Once the payment remains unpaid after a specific deadline, we block the subscription. From what I understand, you've not paid the specific costs even after reminders and thus your subscription has now been blocked.

I cannot comment on your specific situation, but if you have any questions about the reminders, you can contact our Customer Service.
Reputatie 3
In general I understand the frustration of people to whom this is happening.

What I don't understand is that they don't seem to receive a notification for their monthly invoice, hardly ever receive a mail notification that the withdrawal wasn't successful so they need to pay manually by using the link provided in the mail.

I've received twice a mail with this link and was able to prevent worse. Also my bank account is not always as flushed as I would like it to be. I actually appreciate NS's approach in this. I pay for my subscription and check in/out on use of BTM. So I support their effort to collect their outstandings.

As Tamzin says, and I agree with him, NS is not a credit institution. When we signed up ourselves for NS Flex we read the terms.
The initial months NS has been very mild, but to me it is not a surprise that they finally got back their senses and keep a more stringent collection policy.

One knows that he makes monthly costs. He can see that online or in the NS app. There are so many control moments that to me it is really strange that this all comes as a surprise.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
However, in April, my bank card payment account balance was insufficient and the deduction failed. I think ns will automatically deduct the relevant fees in the next month. In May, ns deducted 166 euros. I think it should include the cost of last month because my subscription fee is only 32 euros, I don't care much.
Instead of thinking this and don't caring much you should have paid more attention. If you had checked your mail and the next invoice you could have been aware of this before your subscription was canceled and your card blocked.

The best thing would be the check every month before it will be invoice and to make sure to have enough money on your bank account to pay for it.

Reageer