beantwoord

Issues with signing up for online subscription

• 27 maart 2017
  • 1 reactie
  • 190 Bekeken

Hello everyone,

I just want to raise the issue I had yesterday and today when trying to upgrade my subscription to weekend vrije. I called on Saturday to upgrade it, and the customer service lady cancelled my old one, and told me to upgrade to the new one online within my NS account the next day. I had to pick up my cancellation, which I did as normal, and traveled full tariff that day. The next day I tried upgrading my NS online, but an error kept logging. I cleared my cookies and cache, as well as tried it from my mobile phone, but the issue stayed. I went to one of the station reception of NS in Arnhem, and they had the same issue. I received a coupon because of the inconvenience, but I had to travel again that day full price.

After talking on the phone and calling more than 10 times customer service on this issue, they still identify it as singular and unique, and blame me or my PC. I tried on 4 different computers to activate it immediately, and it did not work. Curiously, it did work with a different OV chipkaart. Thus, it is related to the account. The only way to activate it was through telephone, but it will only be active in 10 days (which was not the point).

Either way, I wanted to have a full picture of the issue here, also I am attaching a picture and the message of the problem, so it can be searched on a browsing engine. If anyone else has the same issue, I could not get around it at all, and I hope NS will help you. In the end I lost the money by just trying to upgrade to a higher priced subscription. You would think there would be no issue. My questions is what happened? how can it be unique? and why not send it to IT? Not being able to help me because it did not happen before, and thus it is my fault is not an answer.

The error:
" Uw aanvraag kan helaas niet verwerkt worden. Het door u opgegeven hoofdabonnement kunnen we niet terugvinden in onze administratie, of het hoofdabonnement is niet meet geldig. Neem voor eventuele vragen contact op met NS Klantenservice. "

Also please share if you had a similar story, and what did you do. Thank you!
icon

Beste antwoord door Chiel NS 27 maart 2017, 21:30

Hello dbratean, it looks like you're signing up for a 'Bijabonnement', instead of a normal one. Could you try ordering, without clicking the box in front of the next sentance: "Bent u hoofdabonnementhouder, dan kunt u dit ook als bij-abonnement bestellen. Vink dan deze optie aan. Let op: heeft u een Voordeelurenabonnement, vink (om technische redenen) deze optie dan niet aan en klik meteen op 'Verder'."

If that still doesn't work, you can send me a private message by clicking on my name, sending your full name, date of birth, address and the OV-chipcardnumber that you're trying to use for the card. Let's see if I can find the issue.
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Hello dbratean, it looks like you're signing up for a 'Bijabonnement', instead of a normal one. Could you try ordering, without clicking the box in front of the next sentance: "Bent u hoofdabonnementhouder, dan kunt u dit ook als bij-abonnement bestellen. Vink dan deze optie aan. Let op: heeft u een Voordeelurenabonnement, vink (om technische redenen) deze optie dan niet aan en klik meteen op 'Verder'."

If that still doesn't work, you can send me a private message by clicking on my name, sending your full name, date of birth, address and the OV-chipcardnumber that you're trying to use for the card. Let's see if I can find the issue.

Reageer