beantwoord

When can I pay with credit card that does not need a PIN?

• 23 april 2014
  • 5 reacties
  • 241 Bekeken

It is a great step that I 'can' now pay by credit card at the machines, but I already managed to reset 3 machines through it while not getting a single ticket. I fear they are not able to cope with credit cards, where no PIN is necessarry (like almost all cards issued e.g. in Germany). Anyone has a different experience?
icon

Beste antwoord door inkie 23 april 2014, 16:28

Hi The_lamper,

We are all so happy that finally you can pay with a creditcard, with a pin!! With the creditcards without pin you have to show an id-card and you have to give a signature, so that's not possible at the machines!!

That's the reason why! gr Ingrid
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Just a thought... I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER want to own a card that can easily be stolen and enables the thief to empty my bank account before I even have time to have it blocked. Credit cards are generally very unsafe, but credit cards that don't even require a PIN to be entered are only good for the scissors.
Thanks, but how come it is possible in other countries than the Netherlands?

It's not NS that decided that a PIN-code is necessary to confirm the payment.

The company handling all payments via machines within the Netherlands decided that with all payments a PIN-code must be given as a confirmation.
You will experience that in all other places where you can pay by Credit card.

In some very exceptional cases (hotels for instance) CC payments can be done by showing your passport and putting your signature on the relative bill.

It is at more and more ticket machines possible to pay by credit card. It is only possible with a credit card with chip. I unfortunately do not know how this is regulated in other countries.
Thanks, but how come it is possible in other countries than the Netherlands?
Hi The_lamper,
We are all so happy that finally you can pay with a creditcard, with a pin!! With the creditcards without pin you have to show an id-card and you have to give a signature, so that's not possible at the machines!!
That's the reason why! gr Ingrid

Reageer