beantwoord

card reader malfunction

• 2 december 2019
  • 4 reacties
  • 27 Bekeken

The card readers were not working this morning at 8:50 at Rijswijk train station, so I could not check in. So I was charged 20 Euros when I checked out. What do I do?

icon

Beste antwoord door Sascha NS 2 december 2019, 09:21

Hi Mikenakis! Welcome to the NS Community.

The check-in poles on Rijswijk and Rotterdam Alexander are malfunctioning currently. We’re trying to resolve the issue as quickly as we can. 
As you’ve noticed, checking in or out is not possible. Please contact our customer support. They’ll manually issue a check-out and book a refund if necessary. 

If possible please do so 24 hours (or more) after traveling. It can take a while before the transactions on the OV-chipcard are visible to us.
My apologies for the inconvenience! 

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Hi Mikenakis! Welcome to the NS Community.

The check-in poles on Rijswijk and Rotterdam Alexander are malfunctioning currently. We’re trying to resolve the issue as quickly as we can. 
As you’ve noticed, checking in or out is not possible. Please contact our customer support. They’ll manually issue a check-out and book a refund if necessary. 

If possible please do so 24 hours (or more) after traveling. It can take a while before the transactions on the OV-chipcard are visible to us.
My apologies for the inconvenience! 

Same problem here, but I wasn’t able to check out this morning in Rijswijk.

Already went back but it’s still not working.

Do you have any idea when it will be working again, because after work I have to go back and 2 times € 20,- for a problem of the NS is a bit much. 

I also don’t think I am able to go back another time within the 6 hours that I have to check out, especially if I’m not sure that it’s already working again.

How long does it take to get a refund after this problem?

Hi JoleneSandberg! Welcome to the NS Community.

There’s no ETA regarding a fix I’m afraid. You can try issuing a manual claim at uitcheckgemist. If it works you’ll be able to collect the refund at a ticket machine near you. Is see that there’s a disclaimer on their website that they’re experiencing technical difficulties though. Something to keep in mind.

In contact with our customer support the transaction can be closed accordingly so that you (hopefully) won’t experience the same problem later today, if the disruption doesn’t persist of course. The refund however will be issued to your IBAN and it might take up to 14 days for you to receive it. As stated before, the transactions on your OV-chipcard might not be available yet. It’s worth a shot though.

Thank you for the response, Sascha.

Reageer