How to get a refund for a trip? | NS Community
beantwoord

How to get a refund for a trip?

• 25 January 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 117 Bekeken

Hello, please tell me how to get a refund for the trip?

On 24.12 I went to visit Amersfoort for Christmas dinner. On the way back (probably the machine didn’t work), but the doors opened and the machine let me through. I got out without any problems in Amsterdam. I saw in the NS FLEX statement that they withheld extra money from me and gave me a fine of 2 euros, which I did not spend with a card. But I always follow the law and pay by card, even if I need to take the tram one stop.

I can’t return the money through the NS online account and writes such a message “Er is een fout opgetreden Je kunt geen geld terug bij vertraging claimen op deze reis omdat je bent vergeten in- of uit te checken.”. Please tell me what I need to do to get my money back?

icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 25 January 2023, 18:54

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

On 24.12 I went to visit Amersfoort for Christmas dinner. On the way back (probably the machine didn’t work), but the doors opened and the machine let me through. 

I don't think the machine didn't work. You probably used a wrong gate at Amersfoort on the way back and checked in with Connexxion and not with NS.

Amersfoort is served by two railway companies, they each have their own gates.

My advise is to contact costumer service.

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

It looks more to me like a correction fee of 20 (not 2) euros for a missing check in. As TS states the gates opened, he probably has mistakenly checked in at Connexxion instead of NS and tried to apply for a refund via the delay repay scheme.

In that case: correct the missing check-out at Connexxion via uitcheckgemist.nl (fill in Amersfoort Centraal - Amersfoort Centraal as the route) and contact NS customer service to correct the journey by NS to one from Amersfoort to Amsterdam.

Badge +3

Seems like you are claiming money back for a delay, which is not possible (or necessary).

A missing check-in can be corrected by NS Customer Service. contact them by phone, chat or social media.

Reageer