how to travel with a foreign ticket when the gates at the station are closed

• 10 december 2014
  • 5 reacties
  • 176 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie
Hi,

I noticed last week, that in some stations, the doors are all closed and you can only open them by checking out with a chipkaart or a printout with a QR code. So, what if I arrive there and my ticket does not have a QR code? For example, because I travel from abroad and the tickets sold in the machines of Deutsche Bahn don't have such a code? Is there a way to open the doors? Or am I supposed to climb?

5 reacties

Badge +3
Near closed gates you will always find a Servicezuil:

Via the Information button you can get in contact with someone to explain your situation and have the gates opened.
Hi,

I noticed last week, that in some stations, the doors are all closed and you can only open them by checking out with a chipkaart or a printout with a QR code. So, what if I arrive there and my ticket does not have a QR code? For example, because I travel from abroad and the tickets sold in the machines of Deutsche Bahn don't have such a code? Is there a way to open the doors? Or am I supposed to climb?

Hi vivi,

Welcome to our Serviceforum. I see that Tochjo already answered your question!
Yes welcome in Holland. We designed a system where you have to call to enter the station despite having a valid ticket.
Thanks for the answer, Tochjo.

I see that Tochjo already answered your question!

Well, this is an answer. But I hope NS can come up with a better solution than that.

Yes welcome in Holland. We designed a system where you have to call to enter the station despite having a valid ticket.

Yes, entering is the other problem.
What is the response time of the servicezuil? Do I need to plan extra time from now on to enter the station? What if I miss my train because this takes too long or because that thing is out of order?
Reputatie 1
Badge
YOU, the traveller, have no rights-you only have to confirm to what big boss says. Do bring plenty of time for ''in case of'' but in principle the servicepost is ALWAYS staffed and response time for now 9as only very few stations are closed off) minimal.
There is 1 way to buy the very cheapest ticket and open the gates too. OR ask a friendly Dutchman with OVchip to just open the gates-he will then trust you to also checkOUT at other side of gate and pass card back to him-this will not cost him/her any money, though many are unaware of it. This is miles easier if you happen to travel with a Dutch friend holding such a card.
Situation is not any different from what LT does with Oystercards at stations far away from the touristy centre- or just try to do this, with that same INT ticket, at gated stations (estaciones) in Lisboa or Madrid area-much worse.

Reageer