Locked in the train for 35 min!!!

• 3 april 2019
  • 5 reacties
  • 281 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties
NS, you should do better with planner update.i stepped in without interruption warnings. So I am wearing my headset enjoying an expected smooth journey. Then found myself in a standstill train and was locked inside for 35 minutes.

Why is the train locked anyways when outside say “do not board”.

it is already chaotic sometimes but you should consider the planner to be up to date and more announcements in the train or leave the door unlocked please.

5 reacties

Hi Maomi and welcome to the NS Community.

How unfortunate that you got stuck in the train that did not depart without warning. Did you check the information on the outside of the train and on the signs on the station or did you only use the information in the NS travel app? It is never good to be stuck in the train. In these situations our Customer Service can help you the quickest. A message on our Social Media channels or a phone call to our Customer Service gives you the biggest chance of getting out of the train the fastest way.
Reputatie 7
Badge +2
You say on the outside it said outside say “do not board”. Why would you ignore this?
Perhaps this train was defect.

NS locks trains to avoid people getting in, I guess you board the train just before it was locked.
Reputatie 7
So I am wearing my headset
Problem #1; if a train is locked, it gets announced multiple times, so if you wear a headset, you don't hear the announcements.

Problem #2; a train is locked so people cannot board, as the sign says.
NS, you should do better with planner update.i stepped in without interruption warnings. So I am wearing my headset enjoying an expected smooth journey. Then found myself in a standstill train and was locked inside for 35 minutes.

it is already chaotic sometimes but you should consider the planner to be up to date and more announcements in the train or leave the door unlocked please.

Hey, which train was this?
Reputatie 3
As a frequent traveler, I witness these actions too often. The signs on the train say "Niet instappen". The signs at the platform say "Niet instappen/ do not board". The conductor or platform manager announces perfectly clear and multiple times that the part of the train will not continue and that passengers have to get out. And still, all the time there are these people just boarding the train like zombies, staring at their phones, earphones in, completely ignoring their surroundings. I can imagine it is a burden to the train staff trying to connect with these absent-minded ones who delay the processes. And when the staff passes through the train to inform remaining people, they are even sometimes mocked nor complained at! Unbelievable. It is perfectly understandable if you didn't get something, but if you close yourself from your surroundings, it is your own fault if you get locked or end up at the sidings. Then/there you have all the time for yourself.

Reageer