misuse of force by a conductor

Toon eerste bericht

36 reacties

Some conductors are very strict and some are a bit more lenient,
You still have to follow the instructions given by conductors, even if you don't (fully) understand them.

These are very serious problems because they confuse travelers and often leading into unneeded escalations.
Apparently there are fundamental problems with educating conductors/BOA’s on how to treat travelers when a problem with the rules arise. Also when they operate in groups, they can handle very “testosterone fueled” like a pack of hyenas. This needs to be addressed
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
@bosschebol
Conductors/BOA's are not the problem but passengers who think rules don't apply to them.
@bosschebol
Conductors/BOA's are not the problem but passengers who think rules don't apply to them.

Not saying what the root of the problem is, totally agree with you on that, I’m just trying to show inconsistencies in how they do their jobs.

Your basically saying; no matter what happens or what violence is used as long as you stick to the rules?
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
What I'm saying: if you stick to the rules you will never have any problem with conductors, BOA's or police. If not, you will and that includes if necessary the use of violence.
What I'm saying: if you stick to the rules you will never have any problem with conductors, BOA's or police. If not, you will and that includes if necessary the use of violence.

Everyone knows that, and the topic starter as well. no one is arguing on that.. what point are you trying to make?

I’m trying to show inconsistencies in how rules are enforced and based on experiences on this community it’s a very hot topic

There are many examples where this is not the case, even on this forum in the past week or so. Do you remember the traveller who travelled with a bike, parked the bike outside the railway station, disposed the ticket for the bike and went back inside without the bike but was fined for travelling without a ticket for the bike? Or the traveller who was taking pictures inside the railway station but was forced by a BOA to show the pictures? Both had nothing to do with "following the rules".
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Everyone knows that, and the topic starter as well. no one is arguing on that.. what point are you trying to make?
Topic starter is blaming everyone except himself

I’m trying to show inconsistencies in how rules are enforced and based on experiences on this community it’s a very hot topic
Lack of consistency in enforcing rules is indeed a serious problem at NS.
Badge +3
@bosschebol

When conductors/BOAs don't know the rules or don't apply the rules properly they are the problem. But I don't think that applies in this topic.

In this topic the cause of the incident is a passenger trying to board a train at a moment when that's no longer allowed.
Update: I've received the required information from A.driouch and have registered his complaint. This will be forwarded to the supervisor of the relevant conductors who will further research the event and act as required based on that research.
Update: I've received the required information from A.driouch and have registered his complaint. This will be forwarded to the supervisor of the relevant conductors who will further research the event and act as required based on that research.

Did you register the complaint as a regular complaint or as a BOA-complaint?
For me, there is no difference in how I register the complaint. The further actions that might be required if this is a BOA-complaint will be performed by the supervisor.

Reageer