beantwoord

move the roken zone

• 22 oktober 2014
  • 4 reacties
  • 292 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 1 reactie
Dear NS station. I would like to bring to your attention a fundamental flaw in the layout of your Sloterdijk and possibly other stations. Unfortunately, the roken zone has been placed immediately at the exit of the escalator (and stairs) to the platform as well as the entrance to the wachtruimte. In a society where smoking inside restaurants and other public facilities is banned I find this unacceptable. As a business commuter, I find it outrageous that I must walk through a cloud of smoke before boarding a train. I would expect these roken zones be placed outside where proper ventilation is possible and where a large number of non smoking passengers do not have to walk through in order to board your train service. Please consider moving these roken zones as it is simply disgusting. A concerned traveller.
icon

Beste antwoord door Femke NS 22 oktober 2014, 15:31

Hi Dan, we have many customers. These clients have many different needs. We do our best in such a way that all our travelers are satisfied, smokers and non-smokers. We are always pleased with concrete feedback. Unfortunately it is not possible to move this zone (at short notice
).
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Hi Dan, we have many customers. These clients have many different needs. We do our best in such a way that all our travelers are satisfied, smokers and non-smokers. We are always pleased with concrete feedback. Unfortunately it is not possible to move this zone (at short notice
).
HALLO
IK VIND HET OOK ALTIJD HEEL VERVELEND
ALS MENSEN ROKEN OP HET PERRON.
IK BEN ALTIJD BANG DAT IK ER LONGKANKER VAN KRIJG, IK VOEL ME ALS EEN ZALM DIE GEROOKT WORDT VOOR DE ALDI OF LIDL. NIET LEKKER DUS.
DOE ER AUB WAT AAN
Dear Eva,

I expected the type of response you provided. You quickly killed the issue at hand shrugging off any responsibility by playing the politically correct card. Of course you have travellers of all sorts. I am happy to see a large emphasis to provide high quality service to disabled and elderly people. This is a positive customer service action. I have not requested a general ban on all smokers. I am happy to see they also wish to travel by train throughout the Netherlands. They have that right. I also suppose it's great that smoking on trains is forbidden. This seems in line with recent EU policies on smoking in public spaces. I do believe however there is work to be done to improve the quality of service for those not wishing to inhale cigarette smoke. This shouldn't be difficult, in fact it means moving a few signs to a new area away from entrances to waiting rooms and escalators. I unserstand you cannot do this on short notice. You likely have to get approval from higher ups, hold a few meetings and maybe even meet with city planners or PROrail. However had you replied that you would look into this, pass on a message, enter my complaint into a formal computer system which considers station improvements, then I would have dropped the issue. I would like to be more helpful. I am also able to make a few signs guiding guests to new smoking area away from the MAJORITY of non smoking guests at entrances and escalators. When will NS get with the times reharding this already socially accepted position on smoking...not near entrances and other crowded areas of Non smokers! Will it be another 175 years??
Of course your feedback is registered here, and will passed on to the station managers. They will have a look into this issue and decide what to do with this.

Reageer