beantwoord

My camera was found

• 19 maart 2018
  • 6 reacties
  • 134 Bekeken

I received an email today stating my camera was found & turned in (my husband left it on a train March 9, 2018). I have instructions to have it sent to me however I would like to make sure it is in fact my expensive camera in the case (& has not been switched out for a cheaper one) before I pay for the expensive shipping. I have all the serial numbers for the camera & lenses which I included when I registered the camera lost. Do I call the Found Office and speak to someone? Email the office? Or are the returned items already confirmed to be correctly matched when the owner is notified? Thank you for your help.
icon

Beste antwoord door Stijn NS 19 maart 2018, 20:01

Good evening Michelle1512 and welcome to the NS Service forum!

In this case I would recommend to call our lost & found department., as I don't have access to their systems. Perhaps they can contact the station where the camera was turned in to check your information. You can contact them via 030-7515155, options 5-1. If you'd rather not call, you can also contact them via Twitter or Facebook, although calling them would be the better choice.
Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Good evening Michelle1512 and welcome to the NS Service forum!

In this case I would recommend to call our lost & found department., as I don't have access to their systems. Perhaps they can contact the station where the camera was turned in to check your information. You can contact them via 030-7515155, options 5-1. If you'd rather not call, you can also contact them via Twitter or Facebook, although calling them would be the better choice.
Thank you! What are the office hours of the phone number you provided? I tried calling today (after 11 pm in Netherlands) and only received a recording.
Badge +3
Although the service line is available 24/7 try office hours for lost & found (+31 40 751 5155 option 5 then 1) For time zones and best times to call, see www.timeanddate.com

If your lost good was found, I seriously doubt if they ever would swap your expensive camera with a cheaper one! Rest assure they (NS) will take care of proper delivery and packaging. You will get a track&trace code anyway when agreeing with the shipment.

If your camera was sent to the central department, it WILL cost you € 15,- to have it sent back to you (any NL address), that much is true.
Yes! Please know I am not suggesting any employee of NS would swap out any returned item - because my camera was left on the train on March 9 and it was not turned in until well over a week later, it is possible that someone (not even the person who was so helpful as to turn it in) could have taken my camera and made an exchange (I realize I may be over thinking this). My camera is expensive and there are 2 lens in the case as well - I really did not expect to have it returned as I thought it would be too tempting for someone to either keep or sell. I was shocked to receive my email this morning that it was returned.

My main point here is this - I live in the US and before I pay for the expensive courier service, I want to ensure I am getting my camera back and to do this, I would need to speak to an NS employee and review the description of the camera and case. Assuming all matches up, I can then make arrangements for the return and am quite happy to pay for the courier charges.

I am very grateful that NS has a lost and found service and to the person(s) who turned in my camera. And I also appreciate this forum - my questions have been answered very quickly and thoroughly. Again, my thanks.
Badge +3
The usual procedure is that found items are held at a station for 5 days, so you can pick them up for free. You should have received an e-mail earlier. After that, they are sent to the central lost & found department. Maybe the match was made there, so it took a week before you were informed.

The phone number I gave in reaction #3 is wrong and should be (011) +31 30 751 5155 from the US (choose 5 then 1 in the menu). Other ways to contact NS here.
I am very grateful that NS has a lost and found service and to the person(s) who turned in my camera. And I also appreciate this forum - my questions have been answered very quickly and thoroughly. Again, my thanks.

So nice to read this! Awesome and thanks a lot for your kind words.

Reageer