beantwoord

odd sized bike parking

• 27 October 2022
  • 1 reactie
  • 31 Bekeken

Hi dear NS,

I wanted to ask a question about parking odd-sized bike. I have a standard bike but with a crate holder in the front. I’ve tried to fit it into the standard parking, but it needs a space to the left and to the right of my bike to be free if I want to park it there. I go to work right in the peak time and it is really hard to find 3 empty spaces in a row, so my Dutch friends advices me to park it in special parking for odd sized bikes (exactly same bikes as mine and with crates and child seats). But every morning the check-in worker (OV) forbids me to do so because he thinks it fits into standard parking if I try harder and we have at lot of heated discussions where he says it will fit if I try and I keep telling him that I’ve tried and it doesn’t fit unless I have 3 free spaces in a row. I’m quite alarmed that it happens every time and I miss my trains and am late for work. 
I would not like to have this conversation over and over every morning, but I also do not want to spend 30 minutes in the morning trying to find 3 empty spaces to fit my bike, when it’s clearly eligible for parking in odd sized area.

could you please help me with advice what I should do in this situation?

station: utrecht central

happened today again at 8:30 am

looking forward to your answering soon.

irina

icon

Beste antwoord door Lorena NS 27 October 2022, 10:46

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hi Irina and welcome to the NS Community!
I am sorry to read that you got this (heated) discussions every day. If your bike doesn't fit in the standard parking, you should be able to park your bike in other designated places. Because you keep getting denied, I would like to send your message to the right department. Please send me a private message for this with your personal details.

Reageer