beantwoord

"Tickets and Service" office offered me NO service or tickets

• 10 maart 2015
  • 5 reacties
  • 221 Bekeken

This morning my internet died and I was unable to renew my monthly Altijd Vrij subscription on my OV-Chipkaart, so I went to the station at Amersfoort and asked at the office if they could please renew it since I could not do so online. Our conversation:

Her: No sorry you have to do that online.

Me: I can't, that's why I'm here. Is it possible to purchase from one of the machines?

Her: No, you have to do that online.

Me: I have no internet right now, I can't do it online.

Her: Then you have to call.

Me: But I'm in the office here now with you, you cannot renew my subscription?

Her: No you have to do that online.

Me: I'm honestly curious here then, why does this office even exist? At the airport I can buy a ticket at the counter.

Her: No you have to buy flight tickets online! Then it's cheaper!

Me: I can still purchase tickets at the counter at an airline, but I cannot do a transaction at the train station office for traveling on the train?

Her: No you have to do this online. You can not use iDeal here (while I'm looking directly at a PIN machine that will obviously accept my money).

Is this for real NS??? I ended up having to complete the transaction via my phone while trying to get to work and your site is not even optimized for mobile. I am paying € 399 every month for this severe lack of personal service?
icon

Beste antwoord door Inge NS 10 maart 2015, 18:56

Welcome to our Service Forum kimberlee! I'm sorry to read about your experience at the NS Tickets & Service desk in Amersfoort. Can you send me a private message with your name, zip code + house number, date of birth and the estimated time of this conversation? To send a private message, click on my username and then click on 'stuur bericht'.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Badge +3
It would appear you have been misinformed. You can buy a monthly subscription Altijd Vrij at a ticket machine or service desk. Perhaps the employee was confused and thought you wanted a yearly subscription?
Thank you for your quick response!

I repeatedly tried to explain what I was trying to do, she kept thinking I was trying to get some sort of discount and I said no I don't need a discount I just need one month altijd vrij on my OV chipkaart that I couldn't do from home because my internet died. Her English was perfect so I don't think there was much confusion as far as language goes, no offense but honestly she just seemed irritated to have to help me at all, so she didn't. Maybe I was interrupting her koffie break.
Welcome to our Service Forum kimberlee! I'm sorry to read about your experience at the NS Tickets & Service desk in Amersfoort. Can you send me a private message with your name, zip code + house number, date of birth and the estimated time of this conversation? To send a private message, click on my username and then click on 'stuur bericht'.
Don't blame it too much on the service desk clerk here, though. Since the introduction of that monstrous invention called OV-Chipcard, NS (as well as other transit companies) has introduced so many new subscriptions that I wouldn't be able to keep them apart, either. Of course, it would be rather convenient if at least NS employees themselves would know what can be bought where, but apparently, it's even unclear for them.
Indeed, how often have I gone to a NS service desk to get the answer "you need to look that up online". Service doesn't exist.

Reageer