beantwoord

Tickets without ov-chipkart

• 19 september 2014
  • 1 reactie
  • 242 Bekeken

Hello,

2 Friends are coming over for a week and they will of course need to buy some train tickets.
1. can they buy those with cash?
2. can they buy those from the ov-machinery 🙂 ?
3. Can they still take advantage of the 40% discount for traveling with me(maandtraject)
4. Is it worth it more to get an ov chipkart because of the 40% discount? The problem is that with this option they have to put some money on the card(20 euros I think) that will never be used.

Thanks!
icon

Beste antwoord door Laura B. NS 19 september 2014, 18:48

Hello! If they are not planning on travelling a great deal, the single-use chipcard is the best option. This paper chipcard can be purchased from an NS ticket machine or a Tickets & Service desk and is valid for all train operators. When you purchase a single-use chipcard you always pay the full fare, which means you do not get any travel discounts. There is a € 1 supplement on the four most commonly used products (single journey, return ticket, day travel cards and the AnaarBeter ticket) to cover the additional costs of the card. If they want to get 40% discount it's important that they both buy a OV-chipcard (€7,50) with a minimum of €10,- balance. I'm not sure if this is worth it for just one week. That's a decision you can make by yourself!
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Hello! If they are not planning on travelling a great deal, the single-use chipcard is the best option. This paper chipcard can be purchased from an NS ticket machine or a Tickets & Service desk and is valid for all train operators. When you purchase a single-use chipcard you always pay the full fare, which means you do not get any travel discounts. There is a € 1 supplement on the four most commonly used products (single journey, return ticket, day travel cards and the AnaarBeter ticket) to cover the additional costs of the card. If they want to get 40% discount it's important that they both buy a OV-chipcard (€7,50) with a minimum of €10,- balance. I'm not sure if this is worth it for just one week. That's a decision you can make by yourself!

Reageer