beantwoord

Aachen-Tilburg OV-Chipkart

• 14 September 2021
  • 2 reacties
  • 56 Bekeken

Dear Community, 

I will be traveling every 2nd weekend between Tilburg and Aachen. I have found in a community topic that the ov-chipkaart is valid from Heerlen to Aachen, even though Aachen is a German city.

But I was wondering, is it also available to travel from Aachen to Heerlen?

Can I check-in and check-out with my ov-chipkaart in Aachen?

Is the “Weekend Vrij” discount applicable for this route?

Thank you in advance,

Marius

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 14 September 2021, 21:12

Yes it is, with an ov-chipcard. 

You can. It is near the ‘Reisezentrum’ just outside the main hall, where the corridor to the trains starts. You do also need to check out there when you return.

Definitely.

The Weekendvrij subscription will save you a lot of money.

You need to check out in Heerlen at Arriva and check in at NS. It is cross platform

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge

Think-denke ein wenig: wenn mann/if one CAN check out-a necessity, then one is always also able to check in. Same mast. In fact as I remember there are 2 in Aachen HBF (near the DB Reisecenter or McDon) and there are also on the stops that train makes in DE-and NOT on stops where it passes by!

To Germany you can also travel that way to Gronau and Weener-Leer. And-by bus, thus not on a NS-season, on several bus lines into DE (NOT to Aachen from Heerlen, YES to Aachen from Maastricht=ev 15 mins, line 350 ARRIVA).

Also note (again) you have to check OVER=OUT and IN again at Heerlen depending on direction as you change train companies there. Also the 2 min cross platform connection TOward Aachen from the NS-IC is very, very, very often delayed and not kept. Its generally better to change at EINdh into the IC to Maastricht and do the cross platform 2 min connection at Sittard-to ARV and change again then at Heerlen-you stay on ARV and hence then do not have to check over

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Yes it is, with an ov-chipcard. 

You can. It is near the ‘Reisezentrum’ just outside the main hall, where the corridor to the trains starts. You do also need to check out there when you return.

Definitely.

The Weekendvrij subscription will save you a lot of money.

You need to check out in Heerlen at Arriva and check in at NS. It is cross platform

Reageer