beantwoord

automatic top up

Hello,

I have automatic top up for my ov card and till now evrything seemed yo be working ok.

I was going through my bank statement today and noticed that there is a top up on a day that I have not used my card since I am abroad.

I checked the top ups on my ov card transactions and the one on my last bank statement is not appearing there. And I would be ok with the topup but it does not reflect on my ov card balance.

Should I be worried?
icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 29 januari 2019, 19:27

The automatic top up will take place anytime your balance would drop to 0 (or a chosen other amount), and will be repeated until your balance is enough to travel (boarding fee).

Especially when traveling by train (with NS) without a subscription, there will be €20 needed to check in. If the amount for automatic recharge is €10 (which is recommended, at least by me, so you never have a lot of unused balance on your card) there will be two (2) top-ups immediately after each other.

Your bank account will then (after a few days) be debited twice for what looks like the same recharge. If the balance was never loaded to your card, you would not be able to travel (gates would not open).

Please re-investigate your travel/transactions history at https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/my-ov-chip/my-travel-history.htm

Also, when transfering to another train (or even bus/tram/metro) by going through gates, extra balance could be needed, so an extra recharge will take place, even if the cost of the journey is less than the amount of automatic reloading.

See the example below for a train journey from Eindhoven to Woerden, with a (short) stopover in Utrecht.

€10 was loaded in Eindhoven (to check in), but in this case, both the check-out and check-in at Utrecht caused a reload, which would not happen when making that journey in one stretch.

In the latter case (if I had not checked out and back in at Utrecht Centraal), a single reload would only have happened when checking out at Woerden, resulting in a balance of € 2,50 on my card (travel cost was € 17,50 total).

In this case, I ended up with € 12,50 on my card in Woerden, and was able to make the return journey (off-peak hours, cost € 10,50) without any reloads.

Hope this explains. Anyway, if the balance was never loaded to your card, something else went wrong and you should contact OV-chipcard.

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4
No, your bankaccount is not charged rightaway when money is placed on a card. No need to worry.
hi Thom

its the other way around. My bank account was charged amd the card didnt get any money

Thanks
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
When your card did not get any money, you will have an automatic refund within five days. So still no need to worry.😀

I am trying to tell that your bankaccount may be charged later. When no relation can be found and there is no refund, you need to contact Customer Service. 030 7515155 or ov-chipkaart.nl.
Hi Dimpats. Welcome to the Community.

When you are experiencing problems with the Automatic Reload of your card you can contact Customer Service OV-chipcard. NS doesn't manage this function. You can reach Customer Service OV-chipcard via 0900-0980 (local rate) or per email.
Badge +3
In the description of the transaction you can find the time and date the corresponding top up took place.
Badge +3
The automatic top up will take place anytime your balance would drop to 0 (or a chosen other amount), and will be repeated until your balance is enough to travel (boarding fee).

Especially when traveling by train (with NS) without a subscription, there will be €20 needed to check in. If the amount for automatic recharge is €10 (which is recommended, at least by me, so you never have a lot of unused balance on your card) there will be two (2) top-ups immediately after each other.

Your bank account will then (after a few days) be debited twice for what looks like the same recharge. If the balance was never loaded to your card, you would not be able to travel (gates would not open).

Please re-investigate your travel/transactions history at https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/my-ov-chip/my-travel-history.htm

Also, when transfering to another train (or even bus/tram/metro) by going through gates, extra balance could be needed, so an extra recharge will take place, even if the cost of the journey is less than the amount of automatic reloading.

See the example below for a train journey from Eindhoven to Woerden, with a (short) stopover in Utrecht.

€10 was loaded in Eindhoven (to check in), but in this case, both the check-out and check-in at Utrecht caused a reload, which would not happen when making that journey in one stretch.

In the latter case (if I had not checked out and back in at Utrecht Centraal), a single reload would only have happened when checking out at Woerden, resulting in a balance of € 2,50 on my card (travel cost was € 17,50 total).

In this case, I ended up with € 12,50 on my card in Woerden, and was able to make the return journey (off-peak hours, cost € 10,50) without any reloads.

Hope this explains. Anyway, if the balance was never loaded to your card, something else went wrong and you should contact OV-chipcard.

Badge +3

Reageer