beantwoord

Check-In didn't work

• 8 juni 2015
  • 5 reacties
  • 210 Bekeken

Hi,
I've been in Amsterdam and just wanted to look for a pharmacy at Amsterdam Centraal. So I checked in, went in, looked (unsucessfull) for a pharmacy and then checked out. At the check-out, the terminal charged my card with 20 Euros - obviously, the check-in hasn't worked as expected. In my travel history there's no check-in visible - only a check out at the subway at Amsterdam Centraal about 2 hours before. I just wanted to request a refund of the 20 Euros - but on the hotline they can't help me because they can't fill in their forms an international bank account. And on the website, where they've directed me, I can't fill in a German postal address. And for registering an OV chipkaart with a NS account, I need access to a NS terminal - which won't work for me, as I'm now back in Germany (l'm a holder of a personal OV chipkaart). Can you please help with this?
Kind regards,
Beatrix Schaal
icon

Beste antwoord door Klaas-Jan NS 8 juni 2015, 19:35

Hi Beatrix,

So nice that you found us here. Please send me a private message with all your address details, name, IBAN, chipcardnumber.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Hi Beatrix,

So nice that you found us here. Please send me a private message with all your address details, name, IBAN, chipcardnumber.

Hi,

i have a balance of 10 eu in my ov card but still I can’t check in.

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

If you don't have a season ticket on your OV-Chipcard you would need at least €20 to check-in. If you do, the minimum required amount will be €10.

Hi K.M. welcome to our community. 

I'm sorry to read it doesn't work. What kind of notification do you get? Can you check if the card is not damaged?

Badge +3

The ‘entry fee’ for NS is €20 but a card can go €4 negative, so to be able to check in with NS a minimum of €16 balance is necessary.

When checking out, the ‘unused part’ (€20 minus travel cost) is put back on your card.

Reageer