beantwoord

Check-In didn't work

• 8 juni 2015
  • 5 reacties
  • 241 Bekeken

Hi,
I've been in Amsterdam and just wanted to look for a pharmacy at Amsterdam Centraal. So I checked in, went in, looked (unsucessfull) for a pharmacy and then checked out. At the check-out, the terminal charged my card with 20 Euros - obviously, the check-in hasn't worked as expected. In my travel history there's no check-in visible - only a check out at the subway at Amsterdam Centraal about 2 hours before. I just wanted to request a refund of the 20 Euros - but on the hotline they can't help me because they can't fill in their forms an international bank account. And on the website, where they've directed me, I can't fill in a German postal address. And for registering an OV chipkaart with a NS account, I need access to a NS terminal - which won't work for me, as I'm now back in Germany (l'm a holder of a personal OV chipkaart). Can you please help with this?
Kind regards,
Beatrix Schaal
icon

Beste antwoord door Klaas-Jan NS 8 juni 2015, 19:35

Hi Beatrix,

So nice that you found us here. Please send me a private message with all your address details, name, IBAN, chipcardnumber.
Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Badge +3

The ‘entry fee’ for NS is €20 but a card can go €4 negative, so to be able to check in with NS a minimum of €16 balance is necessary.

When checking out, the ‘unused part’ (€20 minus travel cost) is put back on your card.

Hi K.M. welcome to our community. 

I'm sorry to read it doesn't work. What kind of notification do you get? Can you check if the card is not damaged?

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

If you don't have a season ticket on your OV-Chipcard you would need at least €20 to check-in. If you do, the minimum required amount will be €10.

Hi,

i have a balance of 10 eu in my ov card but still I can’t check in.

Hi Beatrix,

So nice that you found us here. Please send me a private message with all your address details, name, IBAN, chipcardnumber.

Reageer