beantwoord

Checked out incorrect gate - how to claim?

• 8 maart 2015
  • 4 reacties
  • 285 Bekeken

Apologies for writing in English, my Dutch is not good enough to convey my meaning.

On 12/02 I checked out NS and checked in GVB in Duivendrecht, taking the Metro to Amstel. At Amstel I accidentally left via the NS gate and €10 (Dal Advantage) for checking out without check-in.

On ns.nl I can see the "Niet in- of uitgecheckt" entry but cannot make a claim from here. How can I claim this €10 back?

Thanks,
Tau
icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 8 maart 2015, 09:15

You need to contact customer service for this. If you're patient enough, you can wait until tomorrow, when a forum moderator will help you with this. Also, don't forget that you also paid too much to GVB since you didn't check out with them: they now charged you four euros for the trip that should have cost you 1.32 euros.
Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Badge +3
You need to contact customer service for this. If you're patient enough, you can wait until tomorrow, when a forum moderator will help you with this. Also, don't forget that you also paid too much to GVB since you didn't check out with them: they now charged you four euros for the trip that should have cost you 1.32 euros.
Thanks Tochjo,

It's been almost a month. I'm happy to wait an extra day to get it sorted out online.

When I saw in Amstel that it had charged me incorrectly (stating I hadn't checked in with NS), I managed to also check out successfully with GVB (and check in-and-out again with NS, which didn't have any effect).
Apologies for writing in English, my Dutch is not good enough to convey my meaning.

On 12/02 I checked out NS and checked in GVB in Duivendrecht, taking the Metro to Amstel. At Amstel I accidentally left via the NS gate and €10 (Dal Advantage) for checking out without check-in.

On ns.nl I can see the "Niet in- of uitgecheckt" entry but cannot make a claim from here. How can I claim this €10 back?

Thanks,
Tau

Hi tauneutino! Welcome to the NS Forum! You cand send me a private message so I can help you with this claim. You can send me a private message by clicking on my name and then you go to "stuur bericht'".
Thanks Tochjo,
When I saw in Amstel that it had charged me incorrectly (stating I hadn't checked in with NS), I managed to also check out successfully with GVB (and check in-and-out again with NS, which didn't have any effect).

Ehm, are you sure about the GVB part? Once checked in (or accidentally checked out) with NS, your check-in with GVB should've been expired. Trying to check out with GVB again would have resulted in another check-out-without-check-in and hence another €4 fine.

General rule is that a check-in stays valid untill either check-out or a new transaction with any other operator (top-ups excepted). So after checking in with transit company A, the check-in expires after checking out with company A, resulting in the difference between the deposit fee and the fare price being transferred back onto your card. Or your check-in expires when checking in with company B, resulting in your deposit being lost and a new deposit being deducted from your card (for the new trip). That check-in then expires again if you check in (or try to check out) with company A again, resulting in your deposit given to company B to be lost again and a new deposit fee for company A is deducted. Etcetera and so on and so forth....

Reageer