beantwoord

Claim money back

• 28 oktober 2016
  • 9 reacties
  • 302 Bekeken

I travel from Amsterdam Muiderpoort to Delft yesterday (via Ams Centraal). After get off first train, I scan my card at a pole to check out. Then I go to another line to catch the next train. I though I should check in again, then I saw a pole and scanned my card. Unfortunately, it's not the right pole 😞. So I go to the Ams Centraal Station's entrance so that I can check in. I checkout 😞, which I shouldn't do that. It charged me 10 euros. I tried to find a way to claim those money back in My NS account, but I couldn't figure out how. Could anyone help me with this? Many thanks!
icon

Beste antwoord door Erryt NS 28 oktober 2016, 13:24

Hello tinnguyen and welcome,

What a pity that you lost 10 euro by checking out instead of checking in.

There are two things that can happen:

At check-out poles: You try to check out on arrival. Because you have not yet checked in, the system sees this as check in. If you realise this quickly enough, then you can simply check out again. If you do not check out, this will be seen as a missed check out. You can the ask for a refund via Mijn NS or, if you do not have a Mijn NS account, via the online form.
At gates: You check out, resulting in a check out. However, the system blocks the missed check in, which makes it impossible to request a refund via Mijn NS. A refund can only be requested via NS Customer Service

The fastest way to get a refund is to call our customer service on 030 - 751 51 55, or by sending a message via Twitter, Facebook or Chat. You may also send me a private message, if you do please mention your name, address, postcode, OV-Chipcardnumber and your IBAN bank account number.
Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

At check-out poles: You try to check out on arrival. Because you have not yet checked in, the system sees this as check in. If you realise this quickly enough, then you can simply check out again. If you do not check out, this will be seen as a missed check out. You can the ask for a refund via Mijn NS or, if you do not have a Mijn NS account, via the online form.
At gates: You check out, resulting in a check out. However, the system blocks the missed check in, which makes it impossible to request a refund via Mijn NS. A refund can only be requested via NS Customer Service

The fastest way to get a refund is to call our customer service on 030 - 751 51 55, or by sending a message via Twitter, Facebook or Chat. You may also send me a private message, if you do please mention your name, address, postcode, OV-Chipcardnumber and your IBAN bank account number.
Reputatie 5
Badge
@tinnguyen I hope I can give you a tip when you travel again. If you travel with NS Only you check-in (Amsterdam Muiderpoort) at your starting point and check-out at your destination (Delft). You need to check-in and out when you change operators. The other operators are mostly in the east, north-east and south-east of the country. All trains classified as Sprinter or Intercity are operated by NS. Stoptrein and Sneltrein are driven by other operators.

Thank Erryt! I have just sent you a private message. Please help me out! Thanks!
@tinnguyen I hope I can give you a tip when you travel again. If you travel with NS Only you check-in (Amsterdam Muiderpoort) at your starting point and check-out at your destination (Delft). You need to check-in and out when you change operators. The other operators are mostly in the east, north-east and south-east of the country. All trains classified as Sprinter or Intercity are operated by NS. Stoptrein and Sneltrein are driven by other operators.
Thank GroeneRuiter for your advice! Hope I will stop doing those kind of stupid things! 😃
Thank GroeneRuiter for your advice! Hope I will stop doing those kind of stupid things! :D

Great! I did transfer the 10 euros back to the IBAN of tinnguyen. He must receive this in a period of 4 weeks.
Thank Errypt, I already got the money (10 euros) back.
Cheers!
you're welcome tinnguyen!

Hello I was trying to but an e-ticket for train in ns mobile application, the page couldnt be loaded in a good manner, but the money were deducted from my account. How can I reclaim my money back? 

Hello I was trying to but an e-ticket for train in ns mobile application, the page couldnt be loaded in a good manner, but the money were deducted from my account. How can I reclaim my money back? 

Hi mokab and welcome to the NS Community. 

The best way to go is our Customer Service, through chat or Social Media. They will be able to check the information at your E-ticket and, if necessary, give you a refund. 

Reageer