Complain about the rules of NS Flex Unlimited Travels on the Weekend | NS Community
beantwoord

Complain about the rules of NS Flex Unlimited Travels on the Weekend

• 9 November 2021
  • 43 reacties
  • 3109 Bekeken

Toon eerste bericht

43 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

To be honest, I think most people have figured out that since we are a train company, you can only buy a season ticket for the train from us. 

Nope, you can also buy combined season tickets. Or at least, that was the case until very recently.

I don't know which and why a page disappeared, but that doesn't indicate we were wrong. We only sold an Altijd Vrij subscription in the past where you could buy an OV Vrij subscription as an add-on. There it was very clearly stated that this was an add on. In addition, we have never sold a season ticket for another means of transport.

Reputatie 7

To be honest, I think most people have figured out that since we are a train company, you can only buy a season ticket for the train from us. 

If so, why did you mention: WeekendVrij/ Travel with 1 chipkaart: train, bus, metro, OV fiets/own bicycle ?

I don't know if this was posted somewhere and where, but again I don't read that you can travel for free.

Reputatie 7

Yesterday when I looked  at the matter from the customer’s (foreigner’s) perspective I completely agree with @rvdborgt , @Denice NS and others: the page was not clear at all.

If so, why did you mention: WeekendVrij/ Travel with 1 chipkaart: train, bus, metro, OV fiets/own bicycle ?

Yes, but not for free. 

I think some people don't realize that the Netherlands is not an official bilingual country. That means that information in English or any other language can sometimes be given but will be limited and might not be complete. You better always check with a local before filling in forms, ordering things, etc.

Reputatie 7

Yes, but not for free. 

WeekendVrij is not for free !

Reputatie 7

I think some people don't realize that the Netherlands is not an official bilingual country. That means that information in English or any other language can sometimes be given but will be limited and might not be complete. You better always check with a local before filling in forms, ordering things, etc.

If a company is unable to express itself correctly in a foreign language, it should not do so. Expressing oneself in the own language seems sometimes to be difficult enough.

We indicate that we understand. This does not mean that it is our fault. When you purchase, you agree to the terms and conditions that do state it clearly. In addition, it seems pretty understandable to me that you can't travel for free on the bus. Compensation will not be offered in this case.

If it is not NS fault why the website was changed 30 minutes after my comment? NS removed the page because they know that they were 100% not clear, a serious company should think about the costumers and their reputation. My screenshots are a prove that the NS changed the mistake as fast as possible because they agree with my comment, please send me a contact where i we can reach an agreement

I don't know if our website has actually changed. If it has then perhaps this will have happened because of that it can still be even more clear. In any case, you have agreed to the terms and conditions. Besides, I don't understand the whole discussion because it's pretty logical that with a train season ticket you don't get a discount on the bus.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

I don't know if our website has actually changed. If it has then perhaps this will have happened because of that it can still be even more clear. In any case, you have agreed to the terms and conditions. Besides, I don't understand the whole discussion because it's pretty logical that with a train season ticket you don't get a discount on the bus.

Either you didn't read my comments or you have serious problems to put yourself in the place of a foreign customer.

I read everything and always try to put myself in the traveler's shoes. I can't put it any other way that I don't understand that you don't understand that a train season ticket is for the train and not for the bus, tram, metro, cab or any other means of transport. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

I read everything and always try to put myself in the traveler's shoes.

OK, then it's option #2. Disappointing, but unfortunately not surprising: for NS, that's a common thread with regard to foreign customers.

Ridiculous that you say it doesn't surprise you. By doing so you are suggesting that you know us and then it is even stranger that you know nothing about our subscriptions. We have passed on your suggestion to make it even clearer and apparently something has been done with it. I understand that you regret not getting your money back, but if we start doing that now we may start reimbursing all expenses incurred on the bus, tram and metro by travelers with a weekend Vrij subscription. I hope you understand that this is an impossible task.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Ridiculous that you say it doesn't surprise you. By doing so you are suggesting that you know us and then it is even stranger that you know nothing about our subscriptions.

I'm not the one who has lost money because of unclear information on the NS website. Please check the discussion.

I know that, but you do act surprised.

I can't put it any other way that I on't understand that you don't understand that a train season ticket is for the train and not for the bus, tram, metro, cab or any other means of transport. 

`So NS Flex is only for NS Trains?  But this is incorrect, with NS flex you can also travel with other traincompany's, you can even travel with busses and the metro. 

But you assume it must be clear that if you advertise:

1. NS flex can be used when traveling with NS, other trains and busses
  2. NS weekend free is for all your travels during the weeken

That a non dutch customar nows it is only available in the trains.  Also please not that the link to the ‘voorwaarden’ was not included on the page, so referring to them seems unfair.

Also TS already proved that the website changed after his questions, so a bit unfair that you now state that you don't know if it has been changed.

You mention that it is a ‘impossible task’ to compensate TS and maybe others. But I'm sure that in the law there is no such statement you don't have to fix things if it looks impossible to do so. 

Just a tip. In order to not create a precendent you could always offer an amount because TS provide you with valuable information that the site was not completely accurate.

Reageer