beantwoord

Difference in price

• 19 februari 2018
  • 12 reacties
  • 198 Bekeken

Reputatie 1
I traveled today from Nijkerk to Ede via Amersfoort with my 40% discount card during non-rush hour. However the prices are all different!

Nijkerk to A/fort 2,80
A/fort to Eda 5,68

Eda to A/fort 6,89
A/fort to Nijkerk 1,90

This is 8.48 one way and
8,79 the other

On the 9292.nl it says that the fare would be 5,10 one way and 5,33 the return.

1. Why the difference in price back and forth?
2. more importantly, why the difference in price between 9292.nl and ov-chipkaart?

I'm new to the Netherlands and have just got myself a personal card and am not too familiar with the travel rules.

Appreciate your feedback.
icon

Beste antwoord door Arnold NS 19 februari 2018, 21:19

Hi Sam4u and welcome to the NS Forum!

It would be best to contact the help desk in order for them check what happened. Fastest would be by Twitter (@NS_online), chat, phone or Facebook. Don't forget to mention your initials, surnames, date of birth, zip code, house number and OV-chipcard number so they can get to it straight away.
Bekijk origineel

12 reacties

It would be best to contact the help desk in order for them check what happened. Fastest would be by Twitter (@NS_online), chat, phone or Facebook. Don't forget to mention your initials, surnames, date of birth, zip code, house number and OV-chipcard number so they can get to it straight away.
Reputatie 5
1) Prices for the outward and the return journey are different since the fare structures for NS (operator on Nijkerk-Amersfoort) and Connexxion (operator on Amersfoort-Ede) are (a little) different. Fares for NS are set on a national level; for other operators it is a regional responsibility. The exact fare depends on the order in which you travel with different operators.
2) You have been charged the correct fares for full price journeys. For some reason, a discount was not applied. As stated by Arnold, the help desk should be able to find out why.
Reputatie 7
Badge
2) You have been charged the correct fares for full price journeys. For some reason, a discount was not applied. As stated by Arnold, the help desk should be able to find out why.
I expect that the 40% discount subscription is not activated yet on the chipcard. That have to be done at a ticketmachine at one of the NS railwaystations: "bestelling ophalen". That should be done first, before any discount is given.
Reputatie 1

Tx Arnold for the advice! I will do that. I tried the chat but it was busy all the time.
Why ask for all my personal details again when they already have it all when I applied for the card?? :?:D
Reputatie 1
1) Prices for the outward and the return journey are different since the fare structures for NS (operator on Nijkerk-Amersfoort) and Connexxion (operator on Amersfoort-Ede) are (a little) different. Fares for NS are set on a national level; for other operators it is a regional responsibility. The exact fare depends on the order in which you travel with different operators.

Tx Rudi for comment! I hope I hear back regarding the excess fare.
Reputatie 1
I expect that the 40% discount subscription is not activated yet on the chipcard. That have to be done at a ticketmachine at one of the NS railwaystations: "bestelling ophalen". That should be done first, before any discount is given.

Tx klant_Jac for your comment. I think that I did activate my card at the ticketmachine, and at the same time I had topped it up with 50 euro too. How do I find out if it is activated?
Reputatie 5
You can check "loaded products" at every (NS-)ticket machine, and ticket window.
Reputatie 2
Sam they ask that for security reasons to try to avoid criminals using tour card in case it is stolen or lost.
Jelle
Reputatie 1
Sam they ask that for security reasons to try to avoid criminals using tour card in case it is stolen or lost.
Jelle

Was joking!... However I don't think anyone use a stolen 'personal' card? It has a foto on it that the ticket inspector can see if it is the right person.
Reputatie 1
My personal card with discount subscription is in a yellow holder, and not once has an inspector taken out the card to check for the photo/date of birth/etc.
Reputatie 1
My personal card with discount subscription is in a yellow holder, and not once has an inspector taken out the card to check for the photo/date of birth/etc.

Really? ... Mine got checked twice already! 😃
Reputatie 1
An update: I just got off chatting with customer care, in English. And it seems that my card did not get activated as klant_Jac guessed. So I will need to do that. The good news is that I will be reimbursed! I have spent unnecessarily unknowingly. I even paid 7,50 Euro for the card when I could have got it for free! It is very difficult to find the 40% off scheme.
Thanks again everyone for your comments! Cheers and chug-chug away! 🆒

Reageer