beantwoord

[English] - Error in/out checking

• 21 juli 2014
  • 2 reacties
  • 388 Bekeken

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a problem which cost me 20euros. Can you help me with that please?

Simple explanation:
I have an "Niet in- of uitgecheckt" in Beverwijk. I make a mistake with in/out checken and they removed 20e from my saldo. In my reishistorie we can see that I didn't move or travel from Beverwijk because de in/out checken happened today (21 July) at 18.23 and at 18.33 I took the next train.

Long explanation: I was in the train of Haarlem-Alkmaar. The controller said that I didnt checked-in, and I need to do it in Beverwijk. I did that but unfortunately they removed 20e. So I charge my account and I took the next train to Alkmaar.

Can I have a refund for this error?

Regards,
Maxime.
icon

Beste antwoord door Ramon NS 22 juli 2014, 09:36

Hello Maxime,

Welcome to our Service Forum. Indeed, I see that the € 20.00 unfairly is debited from your Ov-chipcard. I can repay you. Would you send me your name, address, OV-chipcard number (3528...) and your bank account number (IBAN) to me?

Kind regards,
Ramon
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Hello Maxime,

Welcome to our Service Forum. Indeed, I see that the € 20.00 unfairly is debited from your Ov-chipcard. I can repay you. Would you send me your name, address, OV-chipcard number (3528...) and your bank account number (IBAN) to me?

Kind regards,
Ramon
The €20 is always deducted when you check in. This is the 'deposit' that you pay upon checking in - in jargon called 'initfee'. When you check out, the difference between the fare price and the initfee is paid back onto your OV-Chipcard. So don't be scared if upon checking in you notice that €20 is deducted from your card, this is normal and it's not the actual fare price you will pay in the end.

If you have a valid discount subscription with NS, such as Dal Free or a Traject Free outside your own route, the initfee is only €10. Should you forget to check out, in bus or train, then here's a website that links you directly to pages on the different transit companies websites with instructions on how to claim your money back: https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/klantenservice/zelfregelen/nietinofuitgecheckt/?taal=en

Reageer