beantwoord

Forgot to check out - Request a refund

Hello,

I have a OV-chipcard and a few days ago I travelled by train (NS). I checked in but I was in a rush and I forgot to check out 😞 and I've been charged with 10 EUR.

In the OV-chipcard website they say I should claim directly to NS. Could you tell me where can I fill the refund claim, please?

Thanks in advance.
icon

Beste antwoord door Stephan NS 12 juni 2014, 14:36

Hi Alejandro, welcome to the NS Service Forum. I see Geus helped you already. 🙂 If you forget to check out, you can indeed contact the Customer Service to claim a refund. We can also help you have course, if you send me your address data and ov-chipcard number in a private message. Hopefully it is solved already and if not; just let us know!

Your topic has been moved to "OV-chipkaart", so that other people will be better able to find the topic.

Regards,
Stephan
Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Please check this page for further information:
http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/ov-chipkaart/menu-ov-chipkaart/service-for-the-ov-chipkaart
Thanks a lot, very helpful!! I will call tomorrow, let see if they can help me 😕.

Tot ziens!!
Hi Alejandro, welcome to the NS Service Forum. I see Geus helped you already. 🙂 If you forget to check out, you can indeed contact the Customer Service to claim a refund. We can also help you have course, if you send me your address data and ov-chipcard number in a private message. Hopefully it is solved already and if not; just let us know!

Your topic has been moved to "OV-chipkaart", so that other people will be better able to find the topic.

Regards,
Stephan
Hi Stephan!!!

Thanks for your answer and support!!! Yesterday I called to the Customer Service and the refund is on the way 🙂 .

I am very happy with the service because in the forum and the phone you answered me very quickly and helped me a lot.

Dank u en fijne weekend 😃 !
This type of information is also simply available online in English at http://www.everythinginenglish.nl/travel.php where you can find a link to https://www.ov-chipkaart.nl/klantenservice/zelfregelen/nietinofuitgecheckt/?taal=en which deals with this specific situation in English. Good to know for next time. 😉
Hello Stephan.

I forgot to check IN. I checked out.

My ov-chipkaart was charged full fare for the journey. How can I have some refund?

Please help.

Best regards,
Hyberson

Regards,
Stephan
Through the same procedure. If you checked out at a CICO-pole, your check-out was seen as a check-in (you can't check out without checking in). Another option would have been to check out immediately again and you would have traveled for free. 😉 To prevent questions being asked, I advise you in this case to "pretend" you wanted to travel from your destination to your starting point, and have the rest refunded. Otherwise, they might ask about the reason why you didn't check in (which would have meant you had intended to travel without paying).

If you checked out at a gate, your check-out was seen as a check out while missing check in, and the maximum fee was charged as a penalty for not checking in. It'll be a bit more complicated, but I'm sure they'll be not too unfriendly the first time.
Hello.

Thank you for your reply.

I checked out at a gate, the maximum fee was charged.

Do I have to contact Customer Service by phone, or is it possible to solve the matter at a service desk at a major train station?

Best,
Hyberson

Through the same procedure. If you checked out at a CICO-pole, your check-out was seen as a check-in (you can't check out without checking in). Another option would have been to check out immediately again and you would have traveled for free. 😉 To prevent questions being asked, I advise you in this case to "pretend" you wanted to travel from your destination to your starting point, and have the rest refunded. Otherwise, they might ask about the reason why you didn't check in (which would have meant you had intended to travel without paying).

If you checked out at a gate, your check-out was seen as a check out while missing check in, and the maximum fee was charged as a penalty for not checking in. It'll be a bit more complicated, but I'm sure they'll be not too unfriendly the first time.
You should call them. The people at the trainstations can't do anything. The number is 030-7515155, which is a regular landline. After you hear the whole menu, it tells which option you can dial for English (I believe it's option 7 but double-check to be extra sure).
Thank you very much.

You should call them. The people at the trainstations can't do anything. The number is 030-7515155, which is a regular landline. After you hear the whole menu, it tells which option you can dial for English (I believe it's option 7 but double-check to be extra sure).

Reageer