beantwoord

How do get charged for the travels WITH ov card?

• 17 juni 2020
  • 12 reacties
  • 157 Bekeken

Okay I always travel on the same route Olst -Raalte and back;

Everytime the price is different ( and yes I know about the off pick hours discount) but I see that even with that discount the price is different! 

They told me if your travel is longer then 40 minutes then you have a discount (well my travel is always longer than that);

Is not a big difference but I really think somenthing is deeply wrong in the application or in their system;

Can anyone gave me a site were I can see the actual price I should be paying? 

Or a phone number? 

Is anyone having the same issue? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Momo 17 juni 2020, 16:02

The thing you're dealing with on your travels between Olst and Raalte is that you are traveling with 2 different companies (NS and Blauwnet/Keolis) and each company has a slightly different starting tarif. So your price depends on with which company your first part of the travel is.

On 9292.nl you can see what you pay for each part of your travel.

Bekijk origineel

12 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

This screenprint is different again, Deventer -Olst  and not Raalte  - Olst.

In this case the time between check-out in Deventer (20:49) and check-in again (21:03) is less than 35 minutes, so it is considered as one travel with transfer in Deventer. 

Deventer - Olst is 10 TE (tarif units), so Deventer - Olst - Deventer (as one travel) is 20 TE.

The price for 20 TE with 40% discount is €2,82. Since you alreadyy paid €1,68 for the first part you only had to pay a further €1,14 for the second part to get to a total of €2,82.

If you had stayed longer in Deventer, for instance returned at 21:33 the transfer time would be more than 35 minutes and it would have been 2 travels both charged as €1,68.

Your screenprints only show Zwolle - Olst.  Not Raalte - Olst.

There could be a different price if the transfer time in Zwolle is more than 35 minutes or when the transfer is during a different tarif period than the first check-in (except when you have NS Flex). Then they are considered as two separate travels and not one which results in paying the starting tarif twice.

I think that could be the reason! I will check better my application

I checked better that’s not the reason have a look at this screenshot

Is just one train direct to destination so no double check in or different train is NS normal train (with 40% discount cause after 18.30pm)

MAking a calculation 2.80 - 40% is 1.68 and as you can see one ticket was okay and the other was less;

Why? How? I’m cahtting with NS at the moment but it seems that you guys know this stuff better 

There could be a different price if the transfer time in Zwolle is more than 35 minutes or when the transfer is during a different tarif period than the first check-in (except when you have NS Flex). Then they are considered as two separate travels and not one which results in paying the starting tarif twice.

I think that could be the reason! I will check better my application

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

The thing you're dealing with on your travels between Olst and Raalte is that you are traveling with 2 different companies (NS and Blauwnet/Keolis) and each company has a slightly different starting tarif. So your price depends on with which company your first part of the travel is.

I actually never pay this amounts almost but are all lil different 

Could it be there was less than 35 minutes between the travel one direction and back again? If so it does not count as 2 different travels but as 1 travel with a transfer and you only pay the starting tarif once.

No the traveling time is always more then 40 minutes should be 41 minutes but somentimes is taking lil longer for delays 

There's 2 different company's running your route. NS for Olst - Zwolle and Blauwnet for Zwolle - Raalte. 

You have to check-in/out for both company's. Price difference is explainable: it matters which company you take first, at what time and for how long.

The prices vary due to difference in start up price and price per km. There is also a price difference in case you change. The km's already travelled count as a "discount" on the price for the next company after the change.

I've never heard of a discount if you travel 40 minutes or more.

The only thing is that km's get cheaper the further you go. Example with made up numvers: Zwolle - Roosendaal costs 25 euro single, Zwolle - Vlissingen will only cosy 26 euros due to the length of the trip. But separately Roosendaal - Vlissingen costs 10 euro

As I said I always make the same route cause I use it to go to work so also this doesn’t explain why the price is different;

I also never heard it before but someone from the chat support told me that that was the reason I was paying different amount but now I see even with the same duration, trajectory and time the price is changing…. 

Here you can see off pick hours on an NS trein in the same trajectory I spend once 4.90 and once 3.80 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Could it be there was less than 35 minutes between the travel one direction and back again? If so it does not count as 2 different travels but as 1 travel with a transfer and you only pay the starting tarif once.

There's 2 different company's running your route. NS for Olst - Zwolle and Blauwnet for Zwolle - Raalte. 

You have to check-in/out for both company's. Price difference is explainable: it matters which company you take first, at what time and for how long.

The prices vary due to difference in start up price and price per km. There is also a price difference in case you change. The km's already travelled count as a "discount" on the price for the next company after the change.

The only thing is that km's get cheaper the further you go. Example with made up numvers: Zwolle - Roosendaal costs 25 euro single, Zwolle - Vlissingen will only cosy 26 euros due to the length of the trip. But separately Roosendaal - Vlissingen costs 10 euro

As I said I always make the same route cause I use it to go to work so also this doesn’t explain why the price is different;

I also never heard it before but someone from the chat support told me that that was the reason I was paying different amount but now I see even with the same duration, trajectory and time the price is changing…. 

That could make sense expect that for the travel from Olst to Zwolle (always NS I am paying different prices) and for the one from Zwolle to Raalte (Keolis) I am also paying different prices; I’m checking the prices day by day and is always outside the pickhours so I don’t see how this should change like once I pay 4.90 once 4.80 and once 3.80 this for me truly makes no sense;

Any ideas?

Reputatie 7

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Reageer