I got my ticket late and couldn't check in.

• 2 November 2022
  • 2 reacties
  • 62 Bekeken

Hello, on the 2nd of November I bought an e-ticket from Vlissingen to Eindhoven and couldn't check in since I received the ticket very late. I bought it at 18:58~19:00. My train was in 19:00. I got the ticket at around 20:00 and that's why I couldn't check in. While at the train a friend of mine tried to take an e-ticket but had problems with the app. An NS worker came by and checked my card in and told us that he checked me in and the e-ticket can be for my friend. I don't agree thee is fair. 

2 reacties

It can anyhow take 15-20 minutes, so buying it one minute in advance is asking for trouble 

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

It can anyhow take 15-20 minutes, so buying it one minute in advance is asking for trouble 

Although buying it one minute before departure is quite late, NS does say, as we all know in this community, that the ticket will be available immediately after payment, and that the email is only an extra service.

The best is to contact customer service to ask reimbursement of any extra costs.

By the way:

• It is not possible to check in with an e-ticket.
  • It is not possible for the ticket inspector to check you in on the train, so do check in My NS (on the website, not in the app) what has happened.

Reageer