I ordered a new ov-card, but haven't received it | NS Community
beantwoord

I ordered a new ov-card, but haven't received it

• 8 November 2021
  • 11 reacties
  • 3735 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties

Hello! I've ordered a new ov-card for my son. It had to be delivered in 29.10.2021. But wasn't. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Sascha NS 8 November 2021, 13:05

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Good afternoon Anor. Welcome to the NS Community.

The most common reason for this is that the OV-chipcard company (who sends out the cards) doesn't have the right address. Please contact their Customer Support and they'll be able to help you out.

I have the same problem, my OV-chipcard hasn’t arrived yet and it’s been 2 weeks. i’ve tried to contact 0900-0980 and they’re talking in dutch, i don’t understand. i was waiting until they’re stop talking hoping that someone will answer but it was just quiet, no voice at all. i’m very confused i really need the card as soon as possible. I’ve paid for a train ticket which I shouldn’t have paid for anything else since i’ve already paid for the weekend free. This is kinda dissapointing. 

That's a pity. We can not help you with the card. I can only give the advice to try it again.

Hi! I've ordered a new NS card last 10th may and it says I can use it already on 17th May which is tomorrow but I didn't received anything yet. And my subscription will start tomorrow. I tried contacting the customer service as well but always busy. 

I have the same problem. I ordered on August 24, my subscription is from August 31 and now August 31 midnight, nothing come. Have no idea what to do :( the customer service is all in Dutch. I went to the OV service in The hague and they said call the number it will be in English. but no English at all. What is going on?

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

That's unfortunate! It is possible to contact our costumer service to ask about your order. Some times it is possible to see the OV-chipcard number. With that card number you can contact the costumer service of the OV-chipcard (on 0900-0980 option 4 and then tell them you want to speak English). Then you will put through to the costumer service. You can ask them about the OV-card and when it will be sent. In the mean time you can ask with our costumer service for temporary travel right.

So basically, NS is kind of deceiving people, no?

Nowhere do they tell you that it might take a long time from purchasing the card to actually receiving it. Theoretically, you can use the card within a week from the day of purchase, but this is a lie, because as long as you did not receive the card, you cannot us it. And when you ask NS what’s going on, all they do is avoid taking any responsibility, saying you should inquire in some other place.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it all looks like a simple fraud - even if NS does not intend it to be so. Amazing that a national company acts this way. Or am I missing something?

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Yes-staff shortages anywhere in about all transport-and functions for it-plus on the mail, make the last monthes that many promised terms cannot be held. In fact not just with things like this. Shouting like the USAer for the ´manager´ will not help in this continent. There IS some way to get compensation, but all info is-as can be expected in a country with its own language-in dutch. Most of the regular followers on this forum are also much knowledgeable and can inform or explain.

Badge +3

So basically, NS is kind of deceiving people, no?

Nowhere do they tell you that it might take a long time from purchasing the card to actually receiving it. Theoretically, you can use the card within a week from the day of purchase, but this is a lie, because as long as you did not receive the card, you cannot us it.

Even when you receive a card earlier, any subscription will be valid from the starting date (which is 7 days after the ordering date). Until then, feel free to use the card at full fare.

If you didn’t receive the card within a week, see https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/refunds/refunds-when-you-forget-your-season-ticket.html and you will be reimbursed (for up to 3 days, or longer via Customer Service if needed).

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Normally the new card is received within a week, sometimes even earlier. But sometimes there are periods when it takes longer, could be because of a backlog at the company that produces the card, could be because of delays with the mail company or maybe something else. It is not a matter of deceiving people because it is not on purpose that you receive your card later. And when a card is not received on the day your subscription starts and you need it for travel, you can contact NS customer service and it will be arranged that you can travel using the discount or free travel of your subscription, either by getting your money back afterwards of you get couponcodes for e-tickets with your discount or free travel. 

I also have the same issue, I lost my card on October 5, I haven’t receive my card until now, almost a month. I also called for ov chip card and NS, they said my card was delivered, then I check my address, nothing wrong. I do anything I can, but where’s my card…so confused and disappointed to this company.

Reageer