beantwoord

My travel and money lost

• 6 januari 2021
  • 2 reacties
  • 211 Bekeken

I load 10 € to my ouv card with coins on kiosk in zutphen.. I see before 2,44 € and after loading , my balance is 12,44 €. I started my travel from zutphen. i show my card on arriva gate and it is ok. then i got off from trein in Arhnem station. I tried to show my card on arriva gate. but it didnt worked. then i checked my card balance from kiosk . it seemed 2,44 €. 

NS officer takes me my card history.

I want to pay my travel zutphen to arhnem fee (6,40€) but I would had 12,44 € - 6,40 € = 6,04 €.

Could you check my history and pay me back to my ouv card please remainin amount?

OUV KAART NUMBER : 3528 **** **** ****

Thank you,

Have a nice day.

icon

Beste antwoord door Tochjo 6 januari 2021, 15:42

The trains between Zutphen and Arnhem are operated by NS, not by Arriva. You should have used the NS gates instead of the Arriva gates. Then you would have been charged the correct amount.

Since you used Arriva gates, the system thinks you travelled with Arriva, which is via Winterswijk and quite the detour. Your balance wasn't sufficient to pay that amount, which is why you couldn’t check out. Now you have essentially paid the boarding fee (10 euros) for your journey.

Since you checked in at Arriva, you should contact Arriva to get the boarding fee back. Tell them you checked in at an Arriva gate by mistake and that you didn't travel with Arriva. They should then reimburse you the entire amount. See this page for information on how to contact Arriva customer service.

(You might also be able to use this form, but I’m not sure if that form works if you didn’t travel with Arriva at all.)

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Badge +3

The trains between Zutphen and Arnhem are operated by NS, not by Arriva. You should have used the NS gates instead of the Arriva gates. Then you would have been charged the correct amount.

Since you used Arriva gates, the system thinks you travelled with Arriva, which is via Winterswijk and quite the detour. Your balance wasn't sufficient to pay that amount, which is why you couldn’t check out. Now you have essentially paid the boarding fee (10 euros) for your journey.

Since you checked in at Arriva, you should contact Arriva to get the boarding fee back. Tell them you checked in at an Arriva gate by mistake and that you didn't travel with Arriva. They should then reimburse you the entire amount. See this page for information on how to contact Arriva customer service.

(You might also be able to use this form, but I’m not sure if that form works if you didn’t travel with Arriva at all.)

Badge +3

Provided that you were allowed/helped by staff to pass the gates at Arnhem without checking out, the mentioned website (uitcheckgemist) will probably work, after a few days.

For Arriva, you can then fill in Zutphen - Zutphen (no travel) and get the full €10 boarding fee back. Or use ‘Voorst-Empe’ (nearest Arriva stop from Zutphen) to get the largest part of it back.

The actual trip (with NS) does not exist. You could have been fined €50 (plus the € 6,40 travel cost) if they would have checked you in the NS train to Arnhem.

Reageer