beantwoord

ns check-in € 50 fine

• 7 October 2021
  • 4 reacties
  • 98 Bekeken

Hi! I have a question. During my second travel with NS, I made a mistake and accidentally checked in via Arriva, but travelled with NS and checked in with NS. While I was travelling, a conductor checked my ov-chipkaart, but did not say anything about it and only asked me what class I was travelling. When I got home, I noticed a 20 euro fine from Arriva(for which I managed to get a refund) and a 50 euro fine from ns, but since it is a missed check in, I was unable to find a way to get my money back. Is there any way to request a refund?

icon

Beste antwoord door Denice NS 7 October 2021, 15:04

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Hi amishhi_. Welcome to the Community!

I understand you checked in with Arriva instead of NS. In case of a missed check-in the conductor will register a correction fee of € 50. I want to advise you to contact our Customer Service about this so your journey can be corrected :grinning: .

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

You´ve learnt the hard way-most conductors do not even tell you about it. You just have to find out later.

The situation you describe is only possible if you have FLEX subscription-in that case activate your mijnNS account and see what is registered. Some errors can be rectified via that account

Although I also see the signs, I understand that my colleague on the train is supposed to indicate that a correction of EUR 50 is being made.

Badge +3

Although I also see the signs, I understand that my colleague on the train is supposed to indicate that a correction of EUR 50 is being made.

The question from the conductor about what class you were travelling indicates that he/she had no connection to the background system (to check your subscription details).

For Business Card users, a correction is then silently made (the system will sort it out later), but for NS Flex (basically the same), the card holder (i.e. you) should have been informed that a registration was made, and a correction could follow.

Reageer