beantwoord

OV card cracked and no one speaks English

• 20 april 2015
  • 9 reacties
  • 514 Bekeken

My personal OV chip card has a crack since last Friday and while I can check in / out, the train conductor cannot see my checks.

I am trying to temporarily replace my card abonement to an anonymoys card so as to travel with discount. Additionally I have a montly traject vrij ticket from Amsterdam to Amersfoort. Although spent a lot of time I haven't managed to solve this problem. Below my actions so far:

- I did go on Friday to the NS service balie in Amersfoort station. The lady at the balie was rude and although I asked for her help in English, she started to reply me in Dutch. I understood with my few Dutch that I must ask for replacement online and that I can also request for adding my year discount abonement in anonymous card.

- I managed to declare my card as defect at the OV chipkaart website and request for a new one. However, at mijn NS I was not able to request for Tijdelijk Reisrecht because the system could not locate any abonement for my card.

- On Sunday I went again to the NS balie in Amersfoort. This time the lady there was polite and she was speaking English. She explained me that I need to buy an anonymous card. However, she couldn't do it by then because the NS system was not operating this weekend.

- This morning I went again to the NS balie in Amersfoort. The NS system was working but the lady could not find in my profile the jaar voordeel abonement while she could see that I have a monthly traject vrij product. So she suggested me to call the NS klient service where they could help me with this issue.

- After having spent so much time, I decided to call the NS Klientservice. At the menu I choose one for ENGLISH. I followed the instructions and when I got a representative... She couldn't speak English so she suggested me to call again so as to get someone who speaks English.

Well now I am asking you as a customer that pays 60EUR per year for the discount card and 265EUR for the traject vrij each month, so in total aprox. 4000 EUR per year including my leisure tickets what I need to make so as to be able to travel with discount until my new OV card has been delivered....

Thank you in advance
icon

Beste antwoord door Thijs NS 20 april 2015, 19:46

I'm sorry to read that you not treated right by NS staff at the balie and on the phone. That is certainly not what we want.
You can probably not place tijdelijk reisrecht on your card because your card is not linked to your MijnNS. I will try do this for you. Can you send me a private message with your information? You can send me a private message by clicking on your username and then on 'stuur bericht'.
Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

I'm sorry to read that you not treated right by NS staff at the balie and on the phone. That is certainly not what we want.
You can probably not place tijdelijk reisrecht on your card because your card is not linked to your MijnNS. I will try do this for you. Can you send me a private message with your information? You can send me a private message by clicking on your username and then on 'stuur bericht'.
Thank you for your message. I sent you a private message as you suggested.

Best Regards
This isn't the first time I read a complaint about the people at the Amersfoort service desk. Could those people please be sacked?

And according to official figures, 90-93% of the Dutch population speaks English, a co-official language in some regions. NS would do good not to hire those 7% who don't.
HI,
I ordered a replacement of my damaged OV-CHipkaart which they said to be delivered within 3 business days. Now its been over a week and I haven't received my card. They are now reporting a mail carrier issue. I have weekend free subscription on this card and I am not able to use it. I want to know the possible options out of below to save money.
A:I rather used my blue anonymous card to travel on the weekend and want to claim the refund against the money I spent on traveling on the weekend.
B: Since it will now take another 6 days for me to receive the new card, can I apply weekend free on my blue card as both the cards are linked to the same OV-Chipkaart account?
C: I could buy an e-ticket using NS app with 100% discount on weekends and state that I have a card which is not working at moment.
Badge +3
Best is to get a temporary Weekend Vrij on the blue (anonymous) card. This is valid for 12 days. Contact customer service. Phone (+31 30 751 5155) Twitter and Chat are the fastest. Or go to an NS Tickets & Service desk at the station.
Best is to get a temporary Weekend Vrij on the blue (anonymous) card. This is valid for 12 days. Contact customer service. Phone (+31 30 751 5155) Twitter and Chat are the fastest. Or go to an NS Tickets & Service desk at the station.

Exactly, if you have a regular Weekend Vrij subscription. I am sorry that you have to wait this long for your card te be replaced, tiwaari.mayank.
That means I can get a temporary weekend free on my blue card for free if I have a weekend free subscription on my yellow chipkaart?
Thanks for that suggestion!
Correct, tiwaari.mayank! You can read all about this here.
Reputatie 1
Ik verbaas me er wel eens over hoe met name Engelstalige bezoekers van Europa er maar van uitgaan dat iedereen Engels spreekt (of wil spreken). Zo ook hier: "she started to reply me in Dutch". Wat is daar vreemd aan in Nederland? Misschien was ze onzeker in het Engels of kende ze de specifiek termen niet. Deze mevrouw had geen keuzemenu om Engels in te stellen.
We zijn hier in Europa en de meest gesproken moedertalen zijn hier:
  1. Russisch 106 miljoen
  2. Duits 97 miljoen
  3. Frans 66 miljoen
  4. Italiaans 65 miljoen
  5. Engels 60 miljoen
Dus in principe is Engels voor normale inwoners (niet zijnde zakenlieden) helemaal geen belangrijke taal in Europa. Uiteraard is Engels wel de meest geleerde 2e taal in de meeste landen, maar als je een willekeurige medewerker/ster aanspreekt kun je niet verwachten dat die jou ook in het Engels antwoordt. Daarom is er telefonisch ook de keuze om Engelstalige hulp te krijgen, al ging dat hier ook mis. Maar als je naar een ander land gaat moet je er rekening mee houden dat je soms wat meer moeite moet doen om begrepen te worden. Maar veel Engelstaligen gaan er standaard van uit dat iedereen wel even Engels spreekt.

Reageer