beantwoord

OVChip card extra charges and checkout issue in Metro

• 31 mei 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 115 Bekeken

Hi, I was traveling in Metro from DelfShaven till Eastern flank and then return. The charges was around 2.60 euros or lesser. However, it charged me 4 euros while going time and while returning it charged me 5.71. After that it has a 4 euro transfer charge.
In total, it took me 13.71 euros. Can you please guide me with this.
icon

Beste antwoord door Slidestops 31 mei 2019, 11:44

This is the community page for the Dutch Raillways (train). The NS does not operate the Metro. The RET does on that location. You can contact them 🙂 https://www.ret.nl/vraag-antwoord/over-de-ret/website/contact/hoe-kan-ik-contact-opnemen-met-de-ret.html
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
This is the community page for the Dutch Raillways (train). The NS does not operate the Metro. The RET does on that location. You can contact them 🙂 https://www.ret.nl/vraag-antwoord/over-de-ret/website/contact/hoe-kan-ik-contact-opnemen-met-de-ret.html
Reputatie 5
Most likely you did not correctly check in and OUT.
You must do both-in the same vehicle or going in+out in metro and it works like this:
when check in, any time, you are charged 4 eur, you forfeit this when you do not properly check out. But if you do, then you get the proper price, and as cityrides are short, some money back.
If you check in within 35 mins after a checkout then you are again charged the 4 eur, but the final price to pay does not include the startfee of 96 cents-you pay then only for the KMs travelled (about 15/16 ct usually-its on the RET website).
You can check all this by yourself if you
open an account by OV-chipkaart, which runs this system anywhere in NL
or by holding your card by any RET metro machine and checking transactions. ANY time you lack a proper check in or out, you forfeit that 4 eur. You can claim back, up to a max nr/yr, by using the site uitcheckgemist.nl, check yourself if it has other as dutch/nl.
or go to a RET service desk, like at Central station and Zuidplein
NS also very well should know this, but shreeks away from anything that is not NS.
NOte that this system ONLY works for bus-tram-metro and NOT for NS, they charge a initial min of 20 eur and the charging system is also different.
IF you think to travel a lot in 1 day on RET, then load a dayticket first on your card for 8 eur. or if travel every day, look at their site for season or discount options.

Reageer