beantwoord

spend time in intermediate city during your trip

• 13 September 2021
  • 11 reacties
  • 134 Bekeken

Hi
I was with a friend traveling from Eindhoven to Rotterdam where we spent some hours then we continue our trip to Amsterdam. When I bought the ticket for my friend they said to me it is possible to do it with one ticket from Eindhoven to Amsterdam while when I use my ov personal card it is counted like 2 trips not one can anybody explain to me more what is the right way to do such a trip again 

icon

Beste antwoord door Tamzin 13 September 2021, 08:29

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

With a ticket from Eindhoven to Amsterdam you cannot travel via Rotterdam because then you make a unallowed detour. The regular route is via Utrecht. Your friend should have used two separate tickets.

When using your OV-chipkaart you are allowed to make any intermediaire stop of at most 35 minutes. If longer it is regarded as being two separate trips.

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

with the tickets bought from the machines (kaartjesautomaat) which have a chip inside and cost 1 eur more as the fare on chipcard-well these are '’empty'’-only the date is regiestered and it is thus possible to check in+out at any stop/station, on the route or not. As so few people use them and of those so very, very few do what you did, it has been decided to leave it as that-the cost of adapting it would be astronomous. Now you know what the blind traveller is supposed not to know.

@bahnrider @Tamzin  Thanks so much for the info :))

Badge +3

@bahnrider With a ticket Utrecht - Amsterdam from a machine (or single/return e-ticket), it is not allowed to travel via Rotterdam.

@Tamzin  is the 35 mins rule apply also on Utrecht if I am going from Eindhoven to Amsterdam with ov-chip card or I can stay as much as I can in Utrecht like I do with ticket 

Badge +3

@Tamzin  is the 35 mins rule apply also on Utrecht if I am going from Eindhoven to Amsterdam with ov-chip card or I can stay as much as I can in Utrecht like I do with ticket 

With e-tickets or tickets from a machine, you can stay in Utrecht as long as you want. A ticket from a machine (single/return) has a € 1,00 surcharge.

For an ov-chipcard, a transfer (time between check-out and back in) of more than 35 minutes will break up your journey into two single trips, which costs more.

Eindhoven - Amsterdam costs € 21,10 (2nd class, full fare)

Eindhoven - Utrecht costs € 15,60
Utrecht - Amsterdam costs € 8,20
Total: € 23,80

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Same, this holds always.

@bahnrider With a ticket Utrecht - Amsterdam from a machine (or single/return e-ticket), it is not allowed to travel via Rotterdam.

but my friend did it and the machines doesn’t complain or you mean it is not allowed according to train rules but machines will accept it

Badge +3

but my friend did it and the machines doesn’t complain or you mean it is not allowed according to train rules but machines will accept it

Machines (gates) will accept it (e-tickets will open any gate in the Netherlands), but when you are checked on a train there will be a €50 fine.

Machines will accept it (e-ticket only), but when you are checked on a train there will be a €50 fine.

It is good to know that we were lucky then yesterday. We have asked one of this guys in information desk and he said that is ok but he seems to be wrong 
Thanks Robert

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

With a ticket from the ticket machine you are not allowed to travel outside the permitted route. The permitted route is the route that is valid on the day of travel suggested by the NS journey planner.

If you your ticket gets checked by a ticket inspector outside the permitted route you will be considered to be a passenger without a valid ticket. With all the consequences…..

If you'd bought a ticket from Eindhoven to Amsterdam and your ticket was checked between Eindhoven and Rotterdam you would have been fined for travelling outside the permitted route.

Reageer