beantwoord

U-OV

• 1 juni 2021
  • 4 reacties
  • 108 Bekeken

My name is Ahmet.I'm new in the Netherlands. I currently live in Leersum. I have an Ns Flex card and subscription. But I have a problem like this. In order to travel from Leersum to Utrecht at a discount, I made a discounted subscription to the U-OV buses for 15.80 euros per month. However, although this subscription could not be made to the Ns Flex card, the officer in Utrecht Centraal defined the subscription to my card. The cost of my current trip is not on my bill. Instead, I don't have enough balance on my card and I need to top up my card. In this case, can I use my current card to travel by train? Also, I don't know if I can continue to benefit from the discounts. Or is my card cancelled? Can you help me with this?
icon

Beste antwoord door Denice NS 1 juni 2021, 12:56

Welcome to the Community, A. Özlü.

I understand you have NS Flex and a subscription from U-OV on your OV-chipcard, right?

In order to use the subscription from U-OV we need to delete the bus/tram/metro function of NS Flex. Meaning you'll need balance again when you travel with bus, tram or metro. You can then use your NS Flex subscription when you travel by train. If we don't delete the bus/tram/metro function on the card your U-OV subscription won't function and you don't get discount. You can contact our Customer Service to delete the bus/tram/metro function of NS Flex. You'll then need to remove the bus/tram/metro function from your card at a ticket machine. 

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Welcome to the Community, A. Özlü.

I understand you have NS Flex and a subscription from U-OV on your OV-chipcard, right?

In order to use the subscription from U-OV we need to delete the bus/tram/metro function of NS Flex. Meaning you'll need balance again when you travel with bus, tram or metro. You can then use your NS Flex subscription when you travel by train. If we don't delete the bus/tram/metro function on the card your U-OV subscription won't function and you don't get discount. You can contact our Customer Service to delete the bus/tram/metro function of NS Flex. You'll then need to remove the bus/tram/metro function from your card at a ticket machine. 

Reputatie 6
Badge

sadly, NS has invented this new type of FLEX without good consultation with the other non-train buscompanies. These 2 systems-old and new, clash, as they say in computerknowledge.

In your case thus: If that separate U-OV subscription for the buses gives you advantage, you have to load in on another chipcard, which you have to pay for yourself-7,50.

You can get it for free If you do like this (sorry, I did not invent this idiot system):

1.cancel FLEX by calling NS and afterward loading it on your card-the U-OV subscription should then still stay on it and you can load money on it to pay for discount bustrips

2.subscribe for a new NS-FLEX subscription, this can only be done afterwards, as one cannot have 2-yiou then get the chipcard for free again, the whole process may take up to 1 week

Reputatie 6
Badge

note 2: you did not tell how many trips/month you make nor which way exactly for bus/train.

There are also 2 train AND bus monthly subscriptions for the Utrecht town and around region-but not as far as Leersum. It MAY be cheaper after all to take the larger subscription and then load money on the card as the section OUT of this paid region will be charged at normal prices.

Badge +3

Train travel will be billed afterwards and for U-OV buses you get a discount, but will need balance for that.

If NS Flex would overrule the U-OV subscription, the bus rides would show up in your travel history (and invoice) but at full fare, because NS does not know about the U-OV subscription.

In that case, the bus/tram/metro part of NS Flex needs to be disabled, but from what you describe (buses do not show up in your bill), it all seems to work fine.

Reageer