beantwoord

Wrong date when buying an e-ticket

• 26 februari 2019
  • 8 reacties
  • 460 Bekeken

Hi, the app defaulted to March rather to February so when I bought my ticket I thought I bought it for Today Tuesday February but by mistake the date was a Tuesday in March. I bought a ticket from Delft to Assen for 53 euros, can I change the date? Or can I get a refund?? If I made a mistake there is no way to correct it? Please help!!
icon

Beste antwoord door Emma NS 26 februari 2019, 10:20

Hi Mona7333, welcome to the NS Community!

I'm glad to read that you contacted us, because I think this problem might be solved. Will you please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter? Tell my colleagues what happened and send them your full name, date of birth, postal code and house number. Trough one of these channels you'll get a quick response, but if you prefer calling us, that's also possible: 030 75 15 155!
Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Hi Mona7333, welcome to the NS Community!

I'm glad to read that you contacted us, because I think this problem might be solved. Will you please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter? Tell my colleagues what happened and send them your full name, date of birth, postal code and house number. Trough one of these channels you'll get a quick response, but if you prefer calling us, that's also possible: 030 75 15 155!
Quite disappointing that it is not possible to get a refund nor change the e-tickets when a mistake is made, you should warn your customers that mistakes are not allowed on your app, such an outdated policy when it is possible to get refunds when buying tickets on the machine or with OV products, still don’t understand the rationale as to why if I will not use the ticket because of a mistake I cannot get a refund. Terrible customer service.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
I think this problem can be solved.
I don't quite understand why you made these false promises. Why whould this case be different from the hundreds of other topics about wrongly bought e-tickets?

@Mona7333 You're certainly not the only one to complain about this. Many topics on this community address the problem that it's impossible to make any changes on bought e-tickets and the lack of a clear statement about this during the ordering process.
Reputatie 5
I agree with you that this situation is unfortunate. Although when booking on the website, it is clearly stated that the e-ticket is neither changeable nor refundable, the number of questions and complaints on this forum is a clear indication that the product is not fit for the consumer market.

The reason for this unfriendly restriction is, that an e-ticket, once issued, cannot be made invalid and can still be used for travel. NS obviously expects that many "smart" travellers would use this loophole.

However, there are some rumours on this forum that an - as yet secret - solution to this problem will be annouced shortly.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Although when booking on the website, it is clearly stated that the e-ticket is neither changeable nor refundable

Please show me this clear statement.

Reputatie 5
The restrictions are in the Terms and Conditions (Voorwaarden) for the e-ticket. I agree with you that they should be more conspicuous. However, I would rather have these conditions changed. Clients will always make mistakes or change their travel plans - and must not be punished for this, as long as this is before the validity of the e-ticket.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Somewhere in the T&C is not "clearly stated when booking on the website" 🙂 At the very least they should mention it in the "good to know" section.

I totally agree the product and its conditions should be changed. Hopefully the magic new product that's been announced will be the great solution to everyting 😉

Buying etickets SUCKS for foreign travellers. I bought 2 etickets for the wrong date and cannot get my money back. Stupid system. I still needed to travel on thecorrect date so still had to buy the tickets again - but at the railway departure station.

Better to buy at the railway station like I just did, as there is less risk. A lesson to be learned about NS eticket purchases. No more convenience! I will delete the NS app as the app approach to buying tickets is costly  if a mistake is made. This is especially true for foreigners.

I guess this is a cynical way for NS.NL to increase their profits.

Reageer