beantwoord

How to use OV-Fiets

• 19 september 2014
  • 3 reacties
  • 1668 Bekeken

Hello,

Can someone please explain me how to get/use the OV-fiets thing?
2 Friends are coming over tomorrow and I want to rent 2 bikes for them to show them around. I saw that you can have maximum 2 bikes rented per OV chipkart and it's 3.75 euros per 24 hours. So:
1. how do I activate my card for this service?
2. Do I have to return the bikes within 24 hours or I can keep them for 3 days and then pay for 3 days?
3. I saw that in utrecht terwijde for example there are some big "boxes" with the ov-fiets logo on them. What are those? Can I get a bike from there? park it?

Thank you!
icon

Beste antwoord door Laura B. NS 19 september 2014, 19:04

Hello FunnyGhost! You can order a subscription for OV-fiets (€10,- a year) here. With one subscription you can rent 2 bikes and you may rent an OV-fiets for a maximum of 72 hours (3 days). After 72 hours you'll pay a 24 hours charge. These boxes are the OV-fiets lockers and they can be found in the unguarded bicycle places. Our bicycle lockers are recognizable by the OV-fiets logo on the side. The display shows the number of the door that you can open. Grab the OV-fiets and close the door carefully untill you see the message on the screen that the door is locked .
Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Hello FunnyGhost! You can order a subscription for OV-fiets (€10,- a year) here. With one subscription you can rent 2 bikes and you may rent an OV-fiets for a maximum of 72 hours (3 days). After 72 hours you'll pay a 24 hours charge. These boxes are the OV-fiets lockers and they can be found in the unguarded bicycle places. Our bicycle lockers are recognizable by the OV-fiets logo on the side. The display shows the number of the door that you can open. Grab the OV-fiets and close the door carefully untill you see the message on the screen that the door is locked .
do I get it right: are the first 72hrs "free" within the OV-fiets subscription? or are they paid 3.15 per 24hrs and extra 5eur after 72hrs as descibed there: http://www.amsterdamtips.com/tips/ov-fiets-cycles.php ?
Badge +3
You always have to pay for renting a bike. If you rent a bike for less than 24 hours you pay 3.15 euros (of course in addition to the subscription for OV-Fiets). If you rent a bike for 24 - 48 hours then you pay 2 x 3.15 = 6.30 euros, and if you rent a bike for 48 - 72 hours then you pay 3 x 3.15 = 9.30 euros. If you rent a bike for a longer period of time, the prices get higher.

The page you link to has a correct description of the procedure.

Reageer