beantwoord

Questions related to violation invoices?

• 2 augustus 2019
  • 1 reactie
  • 150 Bekeken

We got two violation invoices on 7/19 and went back to our country on 7/23. Because we did not get the fines sent by NS, we made two phone calls to the NS Customer Service. Yet, the responses of the two phone calls made us feel confused.

As for the first phone call on 7/29, a male employee of the Customer Service asked for my address of my own country and gave me the bank account and BIC code. I went to the bank of my country this morning (8/2) to make money transfer. However, the bank employee said that the information we offered is not complete because she still needed the account name (Beneficiary bank, name, address, phone number). Without complete information, we went back home and made another phone call to the Customer Service.

As for the second phone call on 8/2, a female employee of the Customer Service picked up the phone. I told her that I need the account name; otherwise, I cannot make money transfer. She told me there isn’t any account name, just account number. What she said really confused me a lot. I told her without the account name, we cannot transfer money.
Then, she said maybe “NS group”. To be frank, it is obvious that “NS group” won’t be the name of the bank or the account name. Anyone who has experience of filling remittance notice will know that the account name has to be complete and detailed without any abbreviation. I told her “NS group” is not the name account, and if I use this name, the bank employee will reject me again. Then, she asked me to hold on a second, and she had to ask her colleagues. When she came back, she said my fine has been cancelled, which means my fine is gone. Therefore, I don’t have to pay any fine because I don’t live in Holland and I don’t have local address. Surprisingly, I asked her that is there any written paper or notification to prove that I don’t have to pay the fine? It is not safe based on the oral promise. She said that there is no written paper or notification. Everything is done and our fines were gone.

My question is that is it true that we don’t have to pay the fines??
Should we have to make another phone call to double confirm this information??
icon

Beste antwoord door Danny NS 2 augustus 2019, 17:21

Hi ScottTsai and welcome to the NS Community!

I do apologize for the confusing information given by a NS employee.

If I understand you correctly you've got a fine from us? In some cases we aren't able to collect the fine in some country's. In that case we will refuse the case. If you send me the number on the fine in a private message I can tell you the status of the fine so you will have a proof of it?
Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Hi ScottTsai and welcome to the NS Community!

I do apologize for the confusing information given by a NS employee.

If I understand you correctly you've got a fine from us? In some cases we aren't able to collect the fine in some country's. In that case we will refuse the case. If you send me the number on the fine in a private message I can tell you the status of the fine so you will have a proof of it?

Reageer