beantwoord

Returning an OV Fiets

Hi,

I was hoping you could help me.

I interest an OV Bicycle for the first time Friday night using my NS business card.

I returned the Sunday afternoon to The Hague Central, where I picked it up initially.

When I returned to the bike, the attendant just told me to park the bike in line along with the others.

He did not scan my card which I thought was a bit strange.

Having thought about it on the Monday, I would like to check out my bike.

The attendant was not very helpful, but his shoulders and said "no cards".

I do not want to get overcharged for a bike that I have returned.

Is there anything I need to do?

Kind regards
icon

Beste antwoord door Robert B 23 januari 2019, 19:10

Welcome!

When returning an OV-fiets, your card is not needed.

Just lock it and hand in the key (which has a chip in the blue thingy with the number on it). The bike will then be registered as 'returned to base' 😉

Some train stations will let you park the OV-fiets outside when there is no attendant available or when the storage is closed (outside opening/business hours). In that case, there will be a blue 'dropbox' to put the key in.

Anyway, your next NS Business Card invoice should show € 3,85 for renting an OV-fiets and returning it within 24 hours to the same location.

For the full info (renting with an NS Business Card), see this page.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Dear Jaimie, welcome to our Community!

I advise you to double check this with mu colleagues at the Customer Service. You can reach them by phone via 030 - 751 51 55, but also via Facebook, Twitter or Live chat. You can find all the contact information here.
Badge +3
Welcome!

When returning an OV-fiets, your card is not needed.

Just lock it and hand in the key (which has a chip in the blue thingy with the number on it). The bike will then be registered as 'returned to base' 😉

Some train stations will let you park the OV-fiets outside when there is no attendant available or when the storage is closed (outside opening/business hours). In that case, there will be a blue 'dropbox' to put the key in.

Anyway, your next NS Business Card invoice should show € 3,85 for renting an OV-fiets and returning it within 24 hours to the same location.

For the full info (renting with an NS Business Card), see this page.
Thanks Robert B!
Badge +3
Oops, small detail @Miriam NS

That info page I mentioned says:
  • Show your NS-Business Card to an employee. You will be given the bicycle once your NS-Business Card and the bar code on the key have been scanned.
  • When you return the bicycle, the employee will scan the key again.
There is no barcode on the key. The key thingy (sleutelhanger) has a chip 😛 😃

Reageer