beantwoord

Unavailability of bikes at Horst-Sevenum

• 23 juli 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 146 Bekeken

Horst-Sevenum station facilitates bike boxes to rent the OV-fiets. These boxes lit up green to indicate the availability of a bike in the box and red to indicate the box is empty. Out of the six boxes, two boxes don't have any light (neither green nor red). I believe these boxes are not working. Every morning, there is usually 1 bike available, and there is a race among commuters to get that bike. I understand that a borrower can retain a bicycle up to 72 hours, but I think they are also people misusing this service by just parking the bike at the station so that they have a bike for the next day. I have tried to contact the OV-fiets number but in vain. Please let me know where I can lodge the complaint at, so that, the number of available bicycles might increase if the two non-working boxes are fixed.
icon

Beste antwoord door Denice NS 23 juli 2019, 11:21

Hi bhoomicamn. Welcome to the Community.

I understand Horst Sevenum can use more available OV-bikes. We currently have seen that the ideal amount of bikes at Horst Sevenum should be around 10 bikes. Unfortunately we don't have the capacity to provide 10 bikes at Horst Sevenum 😓.

At this moment, as far as I can see, there are 3 bikes rented and 2 bikes waiting to be picked up (one of them is missing a key because the person who rented the bike took it home by accident...).

People can actually rent a bike up to 21 days. On day 3 of the rental period we send an email that they still have the bike and extra costs will be charged (€ 3,85 per day and after 3 days you pay € 5 on top of the € 3,85 per day). If the bike hasn't been returned after 21 days we'll charge € 250.

I'll forward your complaint to our OV-bike department. I'm afraid I can not guarantee an increase in capacity on a short term though.
Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Hi bhoomicamn. Welcome to the Community.

I understand Horst Sevenum can use more available OV-bikes. We currently have seen that the ideal amount of bikes at Horst Sevenum should be around 10 bikes. Unfortunately we don't have the capacity to provide 10 bikes at Horst Sevenum 😓.

At this moment, as far as I can see, there are 3 bikes rented and 2 bikes waiting to be picked up (one of them is missing a key because the person who rented the bike took it home by accident...).

People can actually rent a bike up to 21 days. On day 3 of the rental period we send an email that they still have the bike and extra costs will be charged (€ 3,85 per day and after 3 days you pay € 5 on top of the € 3,85 per day). If the bike hasn't been returned after 21 days we'll charge € 250.

I'll forward your complaint to our OV-bike department. I'm afraid I can not guarantee an increase in capacity on a short term though.
Thank you @Denice NS. I appreciate the effort.

Reageer