beantwoord

Problems about travelling from Rotterdam to Oldenzaal

• 1 September 2021
  • 6 reacties
  • 123 Bekeken

Hi. Today I used my NS card to check in at 5:00 in Rotterdam. When I arrived at Oldenzaal at 8:00 am and scan my card at the gate. It shows check in. What could the reason for this problem ? I took NS trains from Rotterdam to Hengelo, and at Hengelo I switched to Blauwnet.

icon

Beste antwoord door Rizana NS 3 September 2021, 21:00

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hi. Today I used my NS card to check in at 5:00 in Rotterdam. When I arrived at Oldenzaal at 8:00 am and scan my card at the gate. It shows check in. What could the reason for this problem ? I took NS trains from Rotterdam to Hengelo, and at Hengelo I switched to Blauwnet.

When you switch between railway companies (at Hengelo) you need to check out from the first company and check in with the second one so that both companies get their fair share of your money. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

The next step? Rectify your missing check out and check In at Hengelo.

https://www.uitcheckgemist.nl/?locale=en

You have to apply twice. First you need to confirm that you missed your check out with NS at Hengelo.
Next you have confirm that you missed a check in with Blauwnet at Hengelo.

However, if you travelled full fare your journey would have cost €27,49. You now probably paid €20 for your “unfinished” journey with NS and €10 with Keolis. It’s up to you if you want to get your €2,51 back.

Reputatie 6
Badge +1

Seems you are a beginner as you did not know this issue-unique for the Netherlands in the whole world as how to use chipcards! Hence I guess you did not have a kind of discount /season ABOnnement. However OTOH people who know the discount system will try to start very early as from 6.34 peak hour fares apply.

in that case you can even be more cheeky and only claim back blauwnet-this short trip cost a lot less as 10 eur. For NS you might have saved by not checking out properly-all up to you. 

I have no idea about how to rectify the bl.net section-the usual site ´uitcheck gemist´ only handles forgotten checkOUTs.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Seems you are a beginner as you did not know this issue-unique for the Netherlands in the whole world as how to use chipcards! 

This is not unique, in Japan for instance it works exactly the same way. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

And in London there are pink chip card readers you have to use if you’re not traveling through zone 1. Otherwise the system will overcharge.

Hi Remdeve and welcome to our Community. 

Are the answers of Tamzin and iMark clear for you? 

When you switch between railway companies (at Hengelo) you need to check out from the first company and check in with the second one so that both companies get their fair share of your money. 

and

The next step? Rectify your missing check out and check In at Hengelo.

https://www.uitcheckgemist.nl/?locale=en

You have to apply twice. First you need to confirm that you missed your check out with NS at Hengelo.
Next you have confirm that you missed a check in with Blauwnet at Hengelo.

However, if you travelled full fare your journey would have cost €27,49. You now probably paid €20 for your “unfinished” journey with NS and €10 with Keolis. It’s up to you if you want to get your €2,51 back.

Reageer