beantwoord

Amsterdam Travel Ticket

It says the ticket is valid from the first time you check in until 04:00 hours after the last valid day. I find this a bit confusing.

Does it mean, that if I buy a one day ticket (Amsterdam Travel Ticket) and start using it at 10 PM in the evening, it will expire within 6 hours?

I'm gonna stay in Amsterdam for 3 days, and would like to buy a 3 days ticket for public transportation. I was thinking it would be valid for 72 hours from the time I started use it (which will be at around 10 PM in the evening), but based on what I read I'm worried the ticket will actually only last for 54 hours (2 hours the first day, then 2 full days + 4 hours). Am I right?
icon

Beste antwoord door Pe_pe 4 mei 2015, 18:39

Yes, you are right.

The NS-day starts at midnight and ends 28 hours later on 4 o'clock in the morning. If you activate your ticket before midnight, that will count as the first day.
Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Yes, you are right.

The NS-day starts at midnight and ends 28 hours later on 4 o'clock in the morning. If you activate your ticket before midnight, that will count as the first day.
How stupid is that(?). All other cities I have visited offers tickets valid for 24, 48 or 72-hours, but in Amsterdam you must make sure to actually start using your 1, 2 or 3-day ticket between midnight and 4 AM, to actually get what you are paying for.
How stupid is that(?). All other cities I have visited offers tickets valid for 24, 48 or 72-hours, but in Amsterdam you must make sure to actually start using your 1, 2 or 3-day ticket between midnight and 4 AM, to actually get what you are paying for.

If you are sleeping on the airport, you can save 1 day
when you activate your Amsterdam Travel Ticket after 0:01am.
I suppose that in your country all things are better and bigger than in The Stupid Netherlands.
Please go home!
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
There is also http://en.gvb.nl/gvb-dag-meerdagenkaart, valid a certain number of hours, such as 72 hours, starting at the time of your choice.

For trains in the Netherlands such a system is never used, it is also always until 04:00 hours after the last valid day.
I suppose that in your country all things are better and bigger than in The Stupid Netherlands.
Please go home!

I see I could have expressed myself in a more polite way. Sorry for that. It was not my intention to throw dirt on Amsterdam and I can assure that not all things are so much better in my hometown either. I see that in most cases your current ticket rules would work ok, but I must admit it's not very suitable for people arriving the city late in the day.
There is also http://en.gvb.nl/gvb-dag-meerdagenkaart, valid a certain number of hours, such as 72 hours, starting at the time of your choice.

Can anyone tell the difference between a GVB (Day or Multiday) ticket and a Amsterdam Travel Ticket. The Travel Ticket seems is more expensive than the other one, but I can't see what is the main difference? Could it be the Travel Ticket covers more travel companies and not only GVB transport?
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
The Amsterdam Travel Ticket includes a 2nd class train journey from Schiphol Amsterdam Airport to any station in Amsterdam, and back from any station in Amsterdam to the airport, but you can buy two train tickets separately, of course, the cheapest are to/from Amsterdam Zuid (€ 3,70 each).
The Amsterdam Travel Ticket includes a 2nd class return ticket to and from Schiphol Amsterdam Airport by NS train, to any station in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam travel ticket inclusive
Return journey Schiphol - Amsterdam CS (€10,20)

1 calenderday: €15
2 calenderdays: €20
3 calenderdays: €25

GVB day ticket or multi-day ticket
+ 2 seperate One-way journeys Amsterdam CS (2 * €5,10 = €10,20)
24 hours: €17,70
48 hours: € 22,20
72 hours: € 26,70
96 hours: € 31,20
The Amsterdam Travel Ticket includes a 2nd class return ticket to and from Schiphol Amsterdam Airport by NS train, to any station in Amsterdam, but you can buy two train tickets separately, of course, the cheapest are to/from Amsterdam Zuid (€ 3,70 each).

I see. The GVB Day/Multiday Ticket does only cover transport within Amsterdam city (metro, buses and trams) and does not cover transport to and from the airport by train. Guess I will buy a single-way train ticket to get from airport to Amsterdam Centraal then, and next day I will buy a 3 day Amsterdam Travel Ticket which will then cover my return to the airport 3 days later. Thanks for helping me out on this :)

1 seperate One-way journeys Amsterdam CS = 5.10
Amsterdam Travel Ticket 3 days = 25

Aprox. 1 € or so cheaper than buying GVB tickets all the way.
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
Guess I will buy a single-way train ticket to get from airport to Amsterdam Centraal then, and next day I will buy a 3 day Amsterdam Travel Ticket which will then cover my return to the airport 3 days later.

1 seperate One-way journeys Amsterdam CS = 5.10
Amsterdam Travel Ticket 3 days = 25

Aprox. 1 € or so cheaper than buying GVB tickets all the way.

No, the alternative is alltogether € 26,70.
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
(..) you can buy two train tickets separately, of course, the cheapest are to/from Amsterdam Zuid (€ 3,70 each).
Or take a GVB bus included in the GVB ticket, see https://forum.ns.nl/stel-vraag-14/amsterdam-travel-ticket-schipol-amsterdam-12604.
I'm gonna stay in Amsterdam for 3 days, and would like to buy a 3 days ticket for public transportation. I was thinking it would be valid for 72 hours from the time I started use it (which will be at around 10 PM in the evening), but based on what I read I'm worried the ticket will actually only last for 54 hours (2 hours the first day, then 2 full days + 4 hours). Am I right?
You are right.

Keuzereiziger schreef:
The Amsterdam Travel Ticket is a one return ticket Schiphol Airport - Amsterdam plus a one day/two day/three day ticket valid on metro/tram/bus of GVB (all metros and trams, and the GVB busses (white-blue ones).
That means most probably that you can only travel once between Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam, and once back.

But no worries, there are GVB buses from Schiphol to Amsterdam and surroundings! And those you are allowed to use as many times as you want!
Check out the lines 69 (day) & 369 (nightbus) on http://maps.gvb.nl/nl/lijnen (click on the bus icon, and then on the eye symbol to show on map).

So if you want save money you can buy a
GVB day ticket or multi-day ticket (only bus, tram & Metro)
24 hours: € 7,50
48 hours: € 12,00
72 hours: € 16,50
96 hours: € 21,00
120 hours: € 26,00
144 hours: € 29,50
144 hours: €32,00

You can plan your journey at http://9292.nl/en#
(delete the train as type of transport and use only GVB, not Connexxion)

Timetable bus 69 (Schiphol Airport/Plaza <--> Station Sloterdijk)
Timetable bus 69 (Station Sloterdijk <--> Centraal Station Amsterdam CS)
Timetable nightbus 369 (Schiphol Airport/Plaza <--> Station Sloterdijk)
Timetable nightbus 369 (Station Sloterdijk <--> Station Amsterdam Centraal CS )

Reageer