beantwoord

Can i buy an e-ticket using my creditcard?

Toon eerste bericht

54 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3
It's perfectly ok to use a US debit card at ticket machines, and use your PIN just like at a store or ATM.

The only condition is that the debit card must have the Visa, Maestro, Cirrus or AmEx logo.
Reputatie 7
Badge +3
Your story is clear, offense none taken 😃

It's perfectly ok to use a US debit card at ticket machines here using your PIN (just like you would at e.g. an ATM).

The only condition is that the card must have a Visa, Maestro, Cirrus or AmEx logo). When selecting your payment method, you might still need to select credit card but I think the ticket machine interface has been updated with an extra option for foreign cards.

Not sure if the card must have a chip. I think magnetic swipe cards still work, too!
Robert B schreef:

Your story is clear, offense none taken 😃

It's perfectly ok to use a US debit card at ticket machines here using your PIN (just like you would at e.g. an ATM).

The only condition is that the card must have a Visa, Maestro, Cirrus or AmEx logo).

Not sure if the card must have a chip. I think magnetic swipe cards still work, too!

Thanks! I'll definitely give it a try next time. My ATM card has a chip. 🙂
The banks/card issuers in the US implemented the EMV chip with PIN for debit cards and with signature for credit cards. Everywhere else in the world the EMV chip was implemented with PIN for both credit and debit cards. The US are the odd one out.

Reageer